Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Bathroom door hard to close...thanks for any help

Just bought a 28DSBH, so it has a bathroom door. My apologies if this has already been covered, I couldn't find it. The plastic cover on the screen door covers up too much of the actual door handle; I obviously can close the door but it is real hard to grasp to pull the door and to pull the handle to latch it. First, two ideas: one is to add the handle bar that attaches to the screen, second actually cut the plexiglass and replace the screen around the plexiglass to make the screen longer. 1st time camper! Thanks for your help, sorry did not think about taking a picture until right now!

silva2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
I just added the bar to the screen door. The bath room door on mine is very hard to close due to hinge construction. I'm kinda worried that by using the bar I installed on screen door that the mechanism that latches the screen door to the main door is going to break. I wish there was a way to adjust the tension on the hinges.

2016 Whitehawk 28 DSBH
2013 F150 5.0
Truly blessed and HIGHLY favored
Royal blood runs through my veins
Campbellizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #3
Sausage fingered guys can't close the door!

I think you are correct, the bar should only be used to assist in closing the screen door! It's just a crappy design!
If someone had big sausage fingers they would have a real hard time closing that outside door! Hate to mod something I just bought...but there needs to be a better "handle" on the outside door to assist in pulling it closed! Any other ideas, thanks!
silva2301 is offline   Reply With Quote

bathroom door, handle, hard to close