Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #1

Bunk House mods

New here, The wife and I purchased a 2014 swift 184BH last year and we love it. I have started to do some mods. We are expecting our first child in july. Does anyone have any ideas or mods for the bunk beds to convert to something that a baby would be safe in? I purchased a baby gate but that failed, Thanks for any help.
Deputy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #2

I would also be interested in an idea! I have an 18 months old daughter and a 2 months old son.
Philpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #3

Check out this post for one potential idea - it should work at least until your little one gets mobile. The hardest time is from when they're first mobile (able to bail out!) until they're old enough to get down safely on their own...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18235

Your floorplan looks to small, but we were always able to use pack and plays. We had twins just before getting our first trailer. The first trailer had jack and jill bunks (twin over full). We had the pack and plays in lower bunk (mattress removed) sideways so they could stand up and we had access to pick them up on the open end away from the top bunk. On the new trailer, we have quad bunks in the back. The pack and plays sit sideways and end to end on a platform that goes between the two lower bunks.

Starting this season, I will be making the rail in the link above and the twins will share the larger bottom bunk. The trailer now feels twice as big using the bunk area as intended!
Honda EU1000i
2006 Jayfeather 29Y - past Jayco
KachFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #4

Thanks That looks like it may work, being a first time dad makes me a bit nervous, especially when attempting to go on camping trips with a newborn. Trying to prepare before she gets here.
Deputy74 is offline   Reply With Quote