Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #1

Chocks for Wide Axle

While waiting for the birth of my White Hawk 26SRK, been thinking about accessories. Thinking about getting the two items below.... BALs for the side up on leveling blocks, Fastway for side on the ground. Does this setup look reasonable? What do you use for chocking the wide axles?

http://tweetys.com/x-tended-fit-x-chock.aspx
http://tweetys.com/onestepwheelchock...fthwheels.aspx
bbapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #2

Just found the Fastway XL 24"-30". I'm guessing you would need the XL for the wide axles, correct?

http://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chocks...4-00-4150.html
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #3

The BAL X-chock is by far the best.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #4

I have the same question. My concern about the BAL x-tended is that the spacing on my 28DSBH is 16" inches. I am wonder if the x-chock will put enough force on the tires (due to its 17" reach) to be effective. Has anyone tried the x-tended x-chock?
jkline326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #5

We ended up getting a set of the Fastway XL's because no one had the extended xchocks in stock for me to actually play with (I thought the same thing about it being too small).
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #6

According to Bal, their X-chocks and Deluxe Chocks are NOT designed to keep your trailer from rolling down a hill; I have experienced this problem. Those chocks are made to reduce trailer wheel movement from motions inside the trailer.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #7

Well, I went ahead and ordered the combination; one fastway onestep XL, one x-tended x-chock. With all the back-and-forth arguments of not putting on x-chocks prior to unhitching/leveling, need for x-chocks + regular chocks due to tire contraction, etc.., I figure best of both worlds is the way to go. Plus, if I want to add another x-chock later, don't think the fastway will go to waste for quick use situations.

By the way, rvwholesalers.com seems to have a pretty good price on these; however, i did add some Lynx Levelers to get to the $125 free shipping price (e.g. better than paying the extra in shipping and getting nothing out of it).
Sold: 1992 Coleman Pop-up
Sold: Many Tents, All Sizes.....
Old 04-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #8

Fastway versus Bal extended Chocks for 28DSBH

Looks like most people prefer the BAL Extended X Chock, for those of you that have tried both do you notice a difference between the two in front to back motion when moving around inside? Do you use them on both sides...or can you get the same results with one, leaving standard chocks on the other side?
newguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #9

I ordered one Bal Extended chock just to see how it worked. Cost around $75 delivered from Amazon. Applied it and it definitely seemed to work as billed. Fits very solidly; trailer now feels very firm with stabilizer arms down and one side with BAL chock. Ordered a second one, so we should be good to go when it arrives. And, I will always use these in conjunction with conventional chocks as appropriate to prevent any trailer movement backward or forward when unhitched.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab, long box, Duramax and 3.73, SRW
Equal-i-zer 1k WDH, 2013 White Hawk 27DSRL

Los Madrones, a little slice of Texas hill country heaven
www.losmadrones.com
mikmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote