Cold weather RVing & propane
We just returned from a Tubac, AZ. A two nighter. Camped at Flying W RV Ranch all alone in a farm yard. A terrific RV park with full hook-ups. Thats the good news.
The bad news is it got very cold, by AZ standards, Wednesday night - well below freezing. The result was:
- water froze in outside water hose
- RV furnace would not work (used back up elec heater)
- RV oven burners would not light
- gas pilot light went out
- gray water tank drain valve froze shut (broke handle trying to open)
- RV Refrig would not work with propane
The water hose freezing was not a big deal; we swiched to our fresh water tank. Everything else was propane related. Today I checked all accessories and all now works in 75+ weather.
When I checked the propane tank at camp site it showed little gas; and I had it topped off before we left. My first thought was I had a gas leak. But that is not it. Now I'm thinking the gas regulator simple did not work when it got cold.
Richard & Marilyn
2010 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 liter
2010 Jay Feather Sport 165