Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #1

Condensation in X213

This is our first summer in a 2013 X213. We have had condensation in the slideout along all ceiling and wall seams when we wake up in the morning. We also have condensation in the upper bunk, along a 2 inch strip on the wall. We live in the Rockies, so our summer night/day temp can fluctuate quite a bit. It has happened with the heat on, or off. We leave all windows open at least two inches.

When contacting the dealer they spoke to Jayco who recommended using a fan to move the air, but admitted that this will be an ongoing problem in areas where temps fluctuate. We did our research before buying and are so disappointed that we're in this situation! The only thing we can think of to help is to get rid of the AC (we only dry camp) and replace it with a fantastic fan to use on chilly nights. Does anyone have any other suggestions? We're worried about mould in the future. Thanks.
koots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #2

I used to get that in my old trailer but not on the X213. My suggestion would be try leaving the bathroom vent fan on at night. I've done that on hot night and if you leave the bathroom door shut you barely hear it.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #3

we had a little condensation once when it was cool and rainy, I installed a MaxAir II cover on the vent in the bathroom so I could leave the vent open all the time and left the windows open on the awning side. We use the heater very sparingly....anytime the outside air is colder than the inside, the risk of condensation can occur. We do not cook in the trailer either nor do we wash the dishes inside. We dry camp all the time. If we had a powered site I would leave the fans on low to move the air for ventilation. That is why we get funny looks when we cook and wash outside. Never had a problem since. you can also try using DRIZAIR crystals. They absorb water really well. I put the whole thing in a ice cream bucket just in case it overflows.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #4

I got rid of most if not all of my night time condensation by using a heating blanket to keep warmer at night. My electric heater keeps the night time air temp. mid to high 50s. I don't cook in the TT so that helps a lot. And I do have the windows cracked a bit. During the day I'm in and out quite a bit so there's plenty of air movement and no condensation. My first camping trip was a nightmare with the water everywhere but now it's nothing. Do your adjusting and you'll be fine.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #5

You have to open the windows more than 2 inches to get enough airflow
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #6

Recently spent two weeks camping with our JayFeather X20E in Vermont and Maine. Woke up one morning with water dripping on my head....the ceiling of the sleeping area was completely covered with moisture. Found that running the fan over the gas range when cooking and unzipping the flaps a little in the sleeping area during the day helped reduce this problem. Didn't have electrical service available so couldn't run the fan on the AC unit which would have helped. Using a plastic cover on the mattress sounds like a good idea.
seark19973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #7

We had the dealer replace our bathroom fan with a Vortex fan when we bought our 213. Except for a few hot nights when we opted for A/C, we ran the Vortex fan every night with the bathroom door closed and the windows on the rear slide open. The Vortex fan pulls a lot of air through the camper from under the 2" opening below the bathroom door. Never had a hint of condensation with night temps varying from 70 to mid 40's. I also installed a MaxxAir cover over the bathroom vent so I could run the fan without fear of rain getting in.
Hensley Cub WDH, Tekonsha Primus IQ
perfpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #8

Did have some moisture, but not as some describe. Run the bathroom fan, open some windows, will certainly help. We purchased an Ivation dehumidifyer model GDM36.
2016 F-250 gas Super Duty Super Crew 8 ft. box.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
condensation