Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #41

My wife and I looked at the X213 before we bought. We both like the trailer itself, but it had one fatal flaw for us. One of our primary requirements was the ability to use anything in the trailer, except the beds, when completely closed up. With the 213, you can not use the table unless the rear slide is extended. Our decision to pass was based on the idea that if we were on a longer trip that would necessitate a midday stop for a meal, we would have to extend the rear slide to sit down and eat and relax. As such, we went with an X23B hybrid. With the trailer completely closed, we can use everything except the front and rear bunks. We still wanted the canvas bunks to make it feel more like camping. If need be, we can turtle and sleep on the table bed or the couch. Maybe in the future we will go all the way to the dark side and get a hard sided trailer, but our primary requirement will still be the ability to utilize everything except the beds with the trailer fully closed.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:37 PM   #42

I picked up a 2012 X213 as a first foray into camping last year and so far so good. My only complaint so far is the ground clearance and the semi small water tank. I think in 2012 is was only 26 gallon while the new ones seem to be 40+ gallons. Does anyone know if:

1. I can retrofit the newer, larger tank into my 2012?
2. Can the lifted axles from the newer models be put on my 2012?
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote