Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #1

Disappointed with dealer

When we bought our new 20MRB, DW wasn't happy with the small mirrored medicine cabinet in the bathroom. We looked at other units and found a bigger cabinet that will work. We took delivery on 3/31 with the assurance they would call us when it came in.

In late April, I called the dealer for status update. Our salesman again said they would call when it came in and he would double check with parts/service department to see when it would arrive.No further word.

Remaining optimistic and after seeing on this forum how long it takes to get a trailer ordered, built and delivered from Jayco, I figured it would take time.

I called the sales manager earlier this week for an update. He took down my info and contact information and said he would call me back. After not hearing from him, I again called today and talked to another employee. He collected my information again, assured me he would call back.

To his word, he did. And then informs me "they dropped the ball" as the cabinet has NOT been ordered yet. I am sure he knows I am a bit POed about this especially since the cabinet and installation were paid for in advance.

If anyone asks if I can recommend this dealer, I would give them a failing grade at this point.

DW will also be ticked when I tell her when she gets home.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #2

Have a glass of her favorite adult beverage ready before you tell her
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #3

I called the dealer one more time to see if they could get an idea of when the cabinet might come in. This time, talked to the salesman I originally dealt with. He said if I have any questions to talk to him and he will find the answers. Funny, I do not always believe all what salesmen say, but I think he will find the answers.

Hope I hear back from him Tuesday.

Murff

Old 05-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #4

You should be getting your "Tell Jayco" customer survey in the mail soon. You can rate Jayco product quality, dealer sales experience and dealer service experience. Just like alot of folks, my experience and satisfaction with my dealer's service department was extremely poor and I let Jayco know about it.
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #5

All dealers are from the seventh level of ****...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #6

Can you replace the rubber trim around storage door with vinyl trim? Will the vinyl trim be flexible enough to make the curves around door?
Jack George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
Did I really just get censored for ****???

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:37 PM   #8
Site Team

Yes.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Yup!
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:46 PM   #10

Our water heater went out while in AZ for the winter, under warranty. Went to the dealer when we got home, and they had me bring it to them in about a week. We brought it in on the scheduled day and were told they couldn't get to it for about 3 weeks??? So it just sets on their lot for three weeks??? I don't understand this! I could have had it at home and did some cleanup on the outside, etc.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Just be glad you didn't have to deal with Norty1 because he " kicked my butt" last month.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Not ALL dealers.

-Eli
Old 05-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #13

We're not happy with our dealers service department either. We just took delivery 2 weeks ago. We have 4 minor issues to address. I asked the dealer if we could wait on it since we live 80 miles away. He had to check and call back. Another man calls back and asks are you sure it's just those 4 items? We said yes. We told him it felt like we're being treated as if we were putting him out. The jerk had the nerve to say yes, we are putting him out. And he will only fix those four issues! I was thinking of adding 2 minor customer pay add on's (vent cover & new metal door catch) to our repairs. As it is now, I don't want to go back to the dealer unless absolutely necessary. If I'm going to pay someone to install something, it will be someone besides my selling dealer. I'll be writing a letter to the GM this weekend.
Needless to say, I'll try to fix the issues myself. I'll post pics in another thread so I can get advice from you all on fixing some of the items.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #14

Basic rule of thumb.. if a sales mans lips are moving he is lying..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
. Another man calls back and asks are you sure it's just those 4 items? We said yes. We told him it felt like we're being treated as if we were putting him out. The jerk had the nerve to say yes, we are putting him out. And he will only fix those four issues! I was thinking of adding 2 minor customer pay add on's (vent cover & new metal door catch) to our repairs.

I would have told him I wanted to add a few customer pay items and see if he changed his attitude. Then when you dropped it off just say you decided against the extra items, and when you went back to pick it up tell him why.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrck46 View Post
I would have told him I wanted to add a few customer pay items and see if he changed his attitude. Then when you dropped it off just say you decided against the extra items, and when you went back to pick it up tell him why.
Thanks bedrck46 that sounds like it would have been a good idea! I may call him after the holiday to discuss the customer pay items, see how he reacts.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #17

Well, the good news; the salesman called this morning, as he said he would.

Bad news: because they failed to order the medicine cabinet/mirror last March, he was unable to ascertain when it might be in from Jayco.

Guess SWMBO will have to do with the smaller mirror for now.

I am happy the salesman kept his word!

Murff

Old 06-02-2015, 04:02 AM   #18

^^^ But it took too many calls from yourself, so I'd say they still get a failing grade.

We had so many difficult issues with our first Jayco purchase that I figured I'd never do business with a dealer again. I will say the Jayco camper we bought was completely to our satisfaction, but the process we had to deal with (dealership) was very unpleasent. When we contacted the dealerships sales management, they blamed it on the "new salesperson", yet they never offered us help (or that "new salesman"); the management continued to let him (and us) suffer through the process after the sale until we picked up the trailer and had our demonstration.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:31 AM   #19

Quote:
I completely disagree with ALL, maybe most.
Our dealer was great, they are a family owned operation so the owner is the salesman. I'm going to go into detail to prove a point, because I believe in giving credit where it's due.

After traveling 6hrs and arriving for the walk-thru we finally met the owner face-to-face for the first time. I had already told him I planned on the the walk-thru taking at least 4hrs, he said he wished more customers would take the time to do the same. I had previously purchased my hitch setup and took it with me to have them install it while we did our inspection. We had agreed on a price for installation in advance. During the inspection we found the transfer sw. for the genset having an issue swapping over. A new sw. was installed on the spot. This was also the only issue we found (and it was intermittent) which tells me they did their job on the PDI. After the walk-thru we decided to purchase the MaxAir vent covers for the three vent fans, they were installed immediately. Before hooking up and heading out I went to pay my bill for the add-ons and hitch install, and I was informed the fee for the install was being waived. The entire experience was great. All the techs were very friendly and helpful, The tech doing our walk-thru was very patient and more than willing to help and answer questions, we never felt rushed.

After reading some of the dealer horror stories on here, it's safe to say not ALL are the same.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #20
Site Team

It's a pretty bold statement to make a statement based on your own limited experience. It does bring out the folks that do not have bad experiences but see no need to beat the drum for good service since that is the expectation.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote