Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #41

So its a serious problem then !! I wont say all but almost all fifth wheels are built that way including the million dollar class A, C, B, MH , and TT....

Tell me, there is no consumer protection agency or any kind of governmental agency in the USA that can look into this situation ?

I cant beleive that millions of American or Canadian just go on with their life seeing their high price camping toy going to the dump in 5 years ! But I've been wrong before :-)

I also better understand following your post guys the BS behind the buy American or Canadian slogan .

Cant wait to see a foreign country repeating the auto stories to the RV industry if its the only thing Indiana can understand so be it....

Anyway Ill make my own inspection next summer and get back to you with my finding

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
Old 01-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #42

Your right, if there is any air left in the laminate then yes it is a spot that is no question going to bubble or delaminate.Then the only question is when? Also here's another question to throw into the equasion. What is proper maintenance? I'm one for preventive maintenance than reactive maintenance. Some swear they do proper maintenance. Example go up on the roof twice a year to inpect for issues. In my eyes (WRONG). What if a leak developes in between the times that you check it twice a year? When you see water damage then wonder how and why did this this happen? I've already done a poll and thread on this topic and everyone thinks there doing the right thing or it seems they just don't care. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
I cant beleive that millions of American or Canadian just go on with their life seeing their high price camping toy going to the dump in 5 years !

Anyway I'll make my own inspection next summer and get back to you with my finding
To be honest probably atleast half the people on here alone could careless if they have issues now or down the road because they trade in within 5 years so either their always under warranty and the issues covered or if not they send it down the road and let the issue become someone elses problem. Try going to some dealers and take a walk through some TT's that just got traded in. I have and I bet that everone that owned them swear's they took excellent care of them. I wonder how could that be when most of them smelt like either dog,crap or were just blatantly beat to hell. Go figure.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #43

Here we go, here's the poll I started. Take a look at the poll and responses. PM me what you think Homer.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22632

Old 01-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
Here we go, here's the poll I started. Take a look at the poll and responses. PM me what you think Homer.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22632
I don't think it's just a roof thing, I think maintenance goes far beyond roof inspection. As for your poll, I think the ones that said, I inspect my roof once a week, would have less problems with the roof anyway, but that don't mean they don't have other problems that can cause it to bubble or delaminate.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #45
Site Team

^^I think if it ever gets to the point where I have to inspect my roof once a week, I`m getting out of the RV business!...
Old 01-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
^^I think if it ever gets to the point where I have to inspect my roof once a week, I`m getting out of the RV business!...
X2

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Crabman, we don't want to have to tell you the 3rd time " ITS ONCE A WEEK OR ELSE" buy a tent!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 01-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #48

I think the seal's around the windows is the most over looked thing as far as maintenance goes. Some trailers have a foam seal behind the windows, and it don't last all that long.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #49

Quote:
To be honest probably atleast half the people on here alone could careless if they have issues now or down the road because they trade in within 5 years so either their always under warranty and the issues covered or if not they send it down the road and let the issue become someone elses problem. Try going to some dealers and take a walk through some TT's that just got traded in. I have and I bet that everone that owned them swear's they took excellent care of them. I wonder how could that be when most of them smelt like either dog,crap or were just blatantly beat to hell. Go figure.
I think ADK is on to something here. I am shocked at how many folks trade-in/Upgrade/Replace their RV so frequently. From what I read 3 RVs in 5 years isn't not at all uncommon for many folks on these forums.

I am not that way, but heck even we sold our first unit with in 2 years. Granted we bought the same year and make we sold, just in a floor plan that better accomdated the family and how we use it. While were looking for a "new to us" tailer to replace the original I looked at dozens of recent late model trade-ins on dealers lots (all manufactures) and was shocked at how much delamination there was, my unscientific guess was 1 in 3 had some level of delamination. That was enough for me to stick with wood/alum trailer. However I get it that most folks prefer the look of fiberglass, I just hope to keep our TT for 10+ years and I think stick/tim gives me the bet shot at that.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
Old 01-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Crabman, we don't want to have to tell you the 3rd time " ITS ONCE A WEEK OR ELSE" buy a tent!
Just about to place an order for a North Face 4 season.....
Old 01-13-2015, 06:32 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
I don't think it's just a roof thing, I think maintenance goes far beyond roof inspection. As for your poll, I think the ones that said, I inspect my roof once a week, would have less problems with the roof anyway, but that don't mean they don't have other problems that can cause it to bubble or delaminate.
I totaly agree.
Quote:
I'm not saying one should check the roof once a week or should be as anal but I will say that only checking it twice a year is foolish in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post

Quote:
Just about to place an order for a North Face 4 season.....

Old 01-13-2015, 06:34 AM   #52

This topic is clearly a waste of time.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #53

Quote:
Then why have you bothered posting on it 12 times???????
Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #54

Its maybe a waste of time when you have all the answer and when you the had time to draw your own conclusion.

But for a newbie like me, and maybe some other its a source of opinion and observation from seasoned rv'ers that shouldn't be neglected

Thanks for your time , time that you haven't wasted IMHO

Quote:

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
Old 01-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #55

Durability ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Its maybe a waste of time when you have all the answer and when you the had time to draw your own conclusion.

But for a newbie like me, and maybe some other its a source of opinion and observation from seasoned rv'ers that shouldn't be neglected

Thanks for your time , time that you haven't wasted IMHO

Homer it's not a waste of time when offering advise from experience to folks like yourself that can use it but when you get a pack of ****** on here sitting behind their computer screens with their smart butt remarks it just goes to show SOME of the mentality that's on this site.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer-Bill View Post
Then why have you bothered posting on it 12 times???????
Now this is the question of the day. Answer, I don't know.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Now this is the question of the day. Answer, I don't know.
14 times now.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #58

Durability ....

Quote:
Homer it's not a waste of time when offering advise from experience to folks like yourself that can use it but when you get a pack of ****** on here sitting behind their computer screens with their smart butt remarks it just goes to show SOME of the mentality that's on this site.

Wow. Maybe you'd find a "better" class of people at a different RV forum.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Wow. Maybe you'd find a "better" class of people at a different RV forum.
Here you go Hitch Pin, post 15.

Bill, Not all the folks on here just a hand full.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Here you go Hitch Pin, post 15.
Way to Go! Hay, I hope I didn't make you mad, I'm sorry if I did. I was just joking around. What I was getting at was you have the right to post as many times as you want.
Closed Thread