Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #1

EXP 213 Furnace ducting

We spent the May Long weekend camped out at a family function near Calgary. It was fairly cool so our furnace was running a lot all weekend. On Saturday my wife heard a loud pop and then a loud buzz started to come from the area near the kitchen furnace duct (directly under the thermostat). When I came in the duct was buzzing and there seemed to be a much reduced airflow through the vent. When I lifted the inspection plate on the wall under the thermostat I found that the expandable ducting had "popped" into a vertical omega kind of shape about a foot and a half long restricting the airflow through the vent. I fashioned a horizontal tube out of heavy card board and compressed the ducting back into a straight line and duct taped it in place. Watched the cardboard through a couple of cycles and everything went back to normal with no discernible hot spots on the cardboard. Burnt through a whole tank of propane over the weekend with no more problems.
It was also the first trip with the "new" truck, the 2500 with the six speed pulls the 213 smoothly just feels solid going down the road.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote