Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2016, 08:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Most of the liteweights have that floor construction to save weight, whereas the Eagles and Jayflights have the plywood. There were some issues with the luan and foam floors having some soft spots in some of the earlier models, but hopefully they have resolved those by now.

Not resolve Crabman, my WH sandwich floor is softer and softer all over the place and I have a seam clearly visible through the vinyl floor covering. Jayco sent to my dealership today a procedure to fix this floor, its a 5 pages documents , my dealership will do the job in about a month from now......my expectation are really low, I cant wait to see the documents but hey ...... we know what 2 jack of all trade can do to a simple job ......imagine that one ....I can see this trailer disapearing from my life in a near future. This WH is a nightmare from the beginning.

Ill stay with jayco only because they stand by their product, and they respect their warranty.....but a wont buy a Jayco for the superior quality for sure ......Thanks God we have that and rhum and coke to release the pressure ...

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:37 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachmama View Post
We just purchased a 2015 Whitehawk 33BHBS and have had it out on 3 trips. We have noticed weak spots in the floor, one in front of the fridge, one near the door and another going back to the bedroom. The one near the fridge is most worrisome as we can see the seam separate and rise and sag when walked on. We never noticed it when we looked at it initially or during the walk through. I find it's not as noticeable with shoes on so perhaps that's why we didn't feel it. We have mentioned it to the dealer and said they haven't heard of that before. We can't get it to them to look at until the fall but my husband has his doubts anything will be done. We intend to keep this trailer for a long time but are scared the floor will not hold up. What are other dealers doing about this issue?
We bought the 2016 25BHS WH and everything has been great but the floor!! This is our first trailer and never thought to ask or know that the floor sucks!! Our floor bows up real bad in front of the door and kitchen slide out so when the slide goes in and out it is ripping up the floor. The trailer is going to the shop in 2 weeks and I told them it needs to be fixed. They said they have never had problems with the slide outs hitting the floor before. I looked into further and that's when I realized it was not the slide but floor was bad. I called the service guy and told him the floor is screwed and he got real quite...I'm thinking he has had to deal with this to many times before. Bummer cause I really don't want them reworking my trailer. In my business we make parts and anytime something goes wrong and we have to head down the road of "reworking" it never works out the way you wish it would and at times it makes things worse.

I'm learning on this forum that people learn many lessons on the do and don't on there first trailer from the purchase to everything else and for me the purchase. I was totally lied too and screwed over by the dealer so my next purchase I'm going in with well informed and I will make dang sure i do lots of research on any model I find before signing the bottom line. This forum has taught me a lot just wish I came here before I ran out and bought the trailer.

However I really enjoy my trailer so far and when and if the floor falls apart I have 2 years to use the heck out of it to see if it will hold up
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:12 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropnaduece View Post
We bought the 2016 25BHS WH and everything has been great but the floor!! This is our first trailer and never thought to ask or know that the floor sucks!! Our floor bows up real bad in front of the door and kitchen slide out so when the slide goes in and out it is ripping up the floor. The trailer is going to the shop in 2 weeks and I told them it needs to be fixed. They said they have never had problems with the slide outs hitting the floor before. I looked into further and that's when I realized it was not the slide but floor was bad. I called the service guy and told him the floor is screwed and he got real quite...I'm thinking he has had to deal with this to many times before. Bummer cause I really don't want them reworking my trailer. In my business we make parts and anytime something goes wrong and we have to head down the road of "reworking" it never works out the way you wish it would and at times it makes things worse.

I'm learning on this forum that people learn many lessons on the do and don't on there first trailer from the purchase to everything else and for me the purchase. I was totally lied too and screwed over by the dealer so my next purchase I'm going in with well informed and I will make dang sure i do lots of research on any model I find before signing the bottom line. This forum has taught me a lot just wish I came here before I ran out and bought the trailer.

However I really enjoy my trailer so far and when and if the floor falls apart I have 2 years to use the heck out of it to see if it will hold up

Yours sounds like a different kind of floor problem since your 2016 WH has a 5/8" plywood floor. All WH's up to 2015 had the vacuum bonded floors. All 2016 WH's received the 5/8" plywood floor. Geez, I wonder why? LOL

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Not resolve Crabman, my WH sandwich floor is softer and softer all over the place and I have a seam clearly visible through the vinyl floor covering. Jayco sent to my dealership today a procedure to fix this floor, its a 5 pages documents , my dealership will do the job in about a month from now......my expectation are really low, I cant wait to see the documents but hey ...... we know what 2 jack of all trade can do to a simple job ......imagine that one ....I can see this trailer disapearing from my life in a near future. This WH is a nightmare from the beginning.

Ill stay with jayco only because they stand by their product, and they respect their warranty.....but a wont buy a Jayco for the superior quality for sure ......Thanks God we have that and rhum and coke to release the pressure ...
I think maybe the problem is not so much the floor materials but rather the lack of under support? The Jayflight has 2x3 floor joists 16'' on center. If the WH had that as well I suspect the floor would be much stronger even with the sandwich floor construction. Of course plywood would be better. Its all in the weight savings game, but personally I would rather tow a bit more weight around and have a solid floor.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #45

I have too agree with Crabman... I'd rather have the extra pounds than a bad floor. Sounds like the bean counters got involved with the engineering of this. The theory of a foam sandwich is sound, as long as the materials are proper and the bond is correct between the foam and the outer materials. The glider in my avatar is made that way, and is over 30 years old in that picture. When the accountants jump in and change the quality of the materials, the results are never good. People often mistake strength for stiffness. Something may be very strong in ultimate breaking strength, but not very stiff. Such things like fishing rods are made to bend. An RV floor needs to be both. Unfortunately the way this has gone for some of you folks, the White Hawk floors appear to be neither strong nor stiff. The sad part is that it would be almost a total tear down to actually replace the floor... or it seems that way to me. My new one has the 5/8 plywood and seems to be ok for now. I hope you all can get those floors braced up and usable.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #46

I've owned my Whitehawk 28dsbh for 28 months. We noticed a rather noticeable soft spot in the floor this weekend, 3ft into the camper from the main door, in front of the TV. Obviously a high traffic area that we walk through while going in and out of the camper. I emailed Jayco today, asking them for help, even though it's just out of warranty by a few months. I'm trying to stay positive, hoping for a good outcome. We love the trailer otherwise and don't wish to purchase a different one if possible. In only a couple of years, the Whitehawks have gone up considerably in price, so it would be painful to trade this one in and start over for a new model with a plywood floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #47

After talking with Jayco, they said that even though my warranty ended 4-29-16 that they would still offer me "goodwill assistance". Not really sure what that means they'll cover, so we'll see.
Does anyone know what methods of repair dealers have used to fix these weak spots???

Old 10-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #48

soft floor repair procedure from jayco

Bought my 2016 jay feather 26BHSW beginning of Aug, picked it up on Friday went camping on Tuesday and discovered the floor inside bathroom outside door was collapsing. you could hear the wood breaking as you stepped on it. took it back to my dealer and after weeks of going back and forth with method factory wants for repair they washed their hands of it and told factory they couldn't repair it. So now the factory is trying to get me into the repair que which is now late march 2017. I have attached the repair process that the factory wants performed from above not below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Laminated Floor Repair.pdf (54.0 KB, 135 views)
firemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #49
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemike View Post
Bought my 2016 jay feather 26BHSW beginning of Aug, picked it up on Friday went camping on Tuesday and discovered the floor inside bathroom outside door was collapsing. you could hear the wood breaking as you stepped on it. took it back to my dealer and after weeks of going back and forth with method factory wants for repair they washed their hands of it and told factory they couldn't repair it. So now the factory is trying to get me into the repair que which is now late march 2017. I have attached the repair process that the factory wants performed from above not below.
Holy crap, after reading the factory repair process, I don't blame the dealer from backing out. But, hang in there, it will turn out ok for you in the end.

2013 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD DRW CCLB
2015 White Hawk 28DSBH (trade-in)
2015 Eagle 355MBQS (trade-in)
2019 Jay Flight 29BHDB
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #50

Floor in a white hawk

Quote:

Thanks for sharing that!

It seems like a legitimate repair but also very time consuming and labor intensive. I can understand how not every dealer would want to tackle this though, because if it doesn't turn out right, then the liability of the repair is on the dealer.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:24 AM   #51

Quote:

Firemike, my 2014 24 RBS is going to my dealership this very morning for the exact same job and procedure..My level of confidence is lower than low.

Rest assure that my next trailer will have the least amount of laminated product possible in it, that laminated floor is a bad bad idea, especially when you brag about that at Jayco you build with a solid foundation...what a joke

Yes im negative lately, but patience come in limited quantity....My reservoir of patience is empty ,

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #52

We felt a few small spots that were not firm but did not cause concern. But, this thread made me curious what kind of floors do we have since ours is a 2015. So guys, you do not need to cut a hole in the floor to see what you have. Just call Jayco's customer service and give them the last 8 of the vin numbers. They will look it up and let you know if you have plywood floors or laminate flooring. They will also tell you the month and year your unit was built. (if you are the second owner like us). They will not tell you any warranty work the previous owner has had. I found out ours 2015 27 dsrl was built in June 2014 and has laminate flooring.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #53

Floor in a white hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I've owned my Whitehawk 28dsbh for 28 months. We noticed a rather noticeable soft spot in the floor this weekend, 3ft into the camper from the main door, in front of the TV. Obviously a high traffic area that we walk through while going in and out of the camper. I emailed Jayco today, asking them for help, even though it's just out of warranty by a few months. I'm trying to stay positive, hoping for a good outcome. We love the trailer otherwise and don't wish to purchase a different one if possible. In only a couple of years, the Whitehawks have gone up considerably in price, so it would be painful to trade this one in and start over for a new model with a plywood floor.

I had the owner of the dealer I bought my trailer from, and his service manager, look at my floor about a week and a half ago. They both agreed with my observation. They took a ton of pictures to attach to the claim that they sent to Jayco. They said it could take a week or so to hear back from Jayco. My dealer said that there is a repair facility that specializes in repairing these laminated floors for Jayco. My dealer has taken a couple of JayFeathers there before. They confirmed the repair is exactly what the PDF that has been shared on this forum describes, but not every dealer has the capability to perform it. I'll update when I have more information to share about the repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #54

Caleb anything new on your floor? We have same problem. Waiting on jayco
sharonkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #55
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachmama View Post
We just traded our '09 Eagle SL 315BHDS FW in for this Whitehawk, and although we love the layout and the ease of towing with the TT, I'm beginning to regret the decision. Loved our FW and the quality of construction but the expense of having a larger TV for the sake of just hauling the trailer was becoming a pain.
Well I guess I wait and see what they say when I bring it in. But I am afraid I will have to put up a fight to get anything done.
Guarantee it do not take it to factory service they had ours 6 months came back a mess getting half done and half damaged
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonkay View Post
Caleb anything new on your floor? We have same problem. Waiting on jayco

Jayco said while reviewing the file on my unit, they noted the warranty had expired 6 months earlier, but said with this issue, they would offer good will assistance. It's at my dealer now. They said after discussing it with Jayco, they're going to repair it at the dealer. If for some reason it needs to go to the special repair facility in Minnesota, they had previously mentioned, they would take it there. My trailer may spend the winter at the dealership. I'm trying my best to stay positive about it because skepticism and worrying won't change the outcome anyways. I'll post any updates I get.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #57
Lost in the Woods

Well my experience was they sent it to Arizona without letting me know ,not the way it was set up . Met delivery man he told me your not going to be happy,well the bath door didn't fit which hit the new fridge door, the header over the sliding door fell off onto the bed and cabinets .The new floor has holes ,screws sticking up and tear plus there are areas coming loose . Factory customer service people making excuses . They now had a local dealer look well it's three hand written pages. I asked where do we stay and put our belongings well it's our problem told to read my warranty,so beware everyone.
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #58

I picked up my trailer just a couple of days ago. The repair they made was from under the trailer. They made a cut in the bottom layer of the sandwich laminated floor, from the curb side of the trailer, to the street side, directly under the soft spot in the floor. They then removed a section of styrofoam (just wide enough for the brace) until they reached the top layer of plywood that has the vinyl floor just above it. They placed the brace directly against that top layer of plywood, and welded each end of the brace to the frame. You can see where the soft spot in the floor was marked with masking tape in the photo. The floor in the high traffic area, where the brace was installed, is now rock solid! I'm happy to see they could make this type of repair, instead of ripping up the vinyl floor, and repairing it from above.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #59

Soft Floor Repair Update

Picked mine up from what I thought was supposed to be a factory instructed repair and was told they didn't want to do it that way didn't think it would work. So they did a similar repair as Caleb's except they didn't cut into bottom layer just supported it. Issue with that is that my top layer of wood had split so now when you step on the area the top layer gives and compresses the foam, over time I can see this up and down of the top layer ripping the flooring.

this took until end of March 2017 they have had my trailer since Mid Aug 2016, going back and forth with factory warranty, who would have done the job if I could get the trailer to and back from the factory at my expense.

But that's ok I have an all in 2 year JAYCO Warranty...
firemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #60

Floor problem

I have my 2016 355MBQS in the shop at the moment with similar problem. We have a hump or downward slope in front of the kitchen slide and already had the vinyl floor replaced once. Now the dealer is saying it's a much bigger issue and that the floor is collapsing due to no supports and even at the wheel arch.
Dealer has been calling Jayco and after i spoke to Jayco on Friday they said the would be getting in contact with the dealer today. After reading about similar issues im worried that the trailer will be gone for a considerable amount of time which would be unacceptable as we have two young biys and camp all the time.
The other concern i have was that Jayco said they do not extend warranties( up in March) and i then asked the question about a warranty on the floor work in which Jayco said "if something was to happen with the floor in 3-4 months we would take care of it"!
Not sure how bad the floor is or if they cant fix it do they replace with similar unit.
I have read on the forums how great Jayco are and stand behind there RVs but since this issue came up i can only see negative reviews.
Hopefully hear something back today
Gcambo is offline   Reply With Quote