Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #1

fresh water tank filled by city water connection

I think my pump is defective. Here is my problem

1-, fresh water tank empty. Pump obviously Off
2-Hose connected to camp site water supply.
3- 5 days later while walking around the TT I noticed water dripping from under the tt, I climbed under to see water coming down from the overflow tube....WTF we are not even using the fresh water tank......

so am i right to think that my water pump is allowing the water to pass through it allowing the water to leak in my fresh water tank ?

If not what is the other option ? thanks guys for your input.

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:17 PM   #2

It sounds like the check valve is hung up or worn out, this is allowing water to pass through the pump into the water tank. You can buy a replacement kit for about $10 at Amazon
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Not a professional here, but maybe the check valve between the pump and the holding tank is stuck open/ gone bad, I think it may be incorporated into the pump, please let others here confirm, possibility it could be in-line on different depending on the TT. Without being able to look at my TT at the moment, I'd say turn off the regular plastic 1/4 valve between between the holding tank and the pump/ sediment bowl, and see if the overflow stops. This 1/4 turn valve is usually used for winterizing purposes but will stop the flow to the tank just as it stops the flow of antifreeze entering the tank during the winterizing process.
If the overflow stops, you could use this as a permanent fix,( I assume) however, remember to open it next time you use the pump or you could ruin the pump eventually if ran too long dry.
Just my thoughts
Good luck..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

definitely check valve issue ... mine was stuck on fresh water inlet this week and when I turned pump on it was leaking out fresh water connection outside.... I hooked up a hose and pressurized the fresh water connection for a minute then turned hose off and the leak outside stopped ... check valve was stuck from last trip out
Old 09-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #5

so we all think alike, unit is still on warranty so Jayco techat the dealership will have to suffer under the cabinet lol not me....im telling you jayco profit will be thin on this unit after all the work performed on warranty....its becoming a running gag amongs my camping friends...not one trip
for the last year and half without at least one problem not one trip...

Old 09-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #6

In my old TT this same thing happened. I turned on the pump and turned on a faucet, letting the pump remove all the water from the tank. Apparently, there was something in the check valve causing it to leak into the tank, and it got flushed out. It never happened again. You might try that before going to all the trouble to get a dealer to fix it. They'll probably try that before they do any physical work on it anyway. Good luck with it.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLEARN243 View Post
Not a professional here, but maybe the check valve between the pump and the holding tank is stuck open/ gone bad, I think it may be incorporated into the pump, please let others here confirm,...snip...
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yes, the check valves in the pump that allow it to function as a pump are supposed to keep city water out of the fresh water tank,

To the OP, you can close both winterizing valves (for pumping antifreeze directly from the bottle) and temporarily stop the problem until a proper fix can be attended.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #8

Thanks guys for your input im actually camping, our last trip of the season, and yes I closed the valve right at the inlet of the pump to stop the leaks so far all is good and no to the other suggestion , I,ve tried to ...flush the check valve by running a lot of water...no success there.

So the dealer will get it, anyway they have to fix the soft floor...man its scary they received the procedure....4 pages, looks like the wont go from under to fix it, they remove the vinyl florring at the spot where the floor is sinking. approximatly 4x4 , the strip the first layer of luan, all the styrofoam, down to the luan at the very bottom, the will get to some crossmember, weld tube for reinforcing and build with plylam on top........heading to a catastrophy iam afraid.

They cant go from under since the tanks are flush with the floor with nothing to use for reinfrorcment Anyway its a procedure sent by Jayco...hoping for the best but my expectation are lower than low....