Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
They have those fittings on the supply pipe because the water system there cannot handle the load that RV's put on it..
I found a labeled RV fresh water fill station in CA that had no threads. Had I not had a water bandit I would have been SOL.

Old setup:
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT with a 2004 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS
2014 Greyhawk 31FS with a 2007 Tahoe toad
New setup:
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 with a 2007 Tahoe toad
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:47 AM   #12
Well, I called my dealer and spoke to the service department. I was told that there is a small, circular, relief screen at the 11o'clock position when you look at the fill. He told me to blow compressed air into it because it may have become blocked and that will definitely cause the gurgling and spitting because air cannot escape. Compressed air will apparently blow the blockage, probably a small amount of water, back into the tank. Well I checked that screen and it's blocked alright....it's not even hooked up to the tank. There's no tube connected to the back of it, instead it has a hard plastic plug attached to it. I have a 2014 Whitehawk 33bhbs, does anybody else have a gravity fill without this relief valve connected? The attached picture shows the rear of the fill and you can see the unattached relief in the 1 o'clock position.
Attached Thumbnails

2014 Whitehawk 33bhbs
2014 F-250 Superduty Crew Cab 6.2l Gas 3.73
Equal-i-zer 1000/10000
mets721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #13
I see in your profile that you have a 2014. I'd definitely take it back to dealer for warranty repair. As I mentioned in my previous answer to your OP, it is apparently not uncommon for Jayco to not hook up the normal vent when they have overflow tubes that can serve the purpose of venting air. (mine is not hooked up either, but the overflow tubes also vent the air) It sounds as if your overflow tubes may be blocked as well. Definitely need to have it looked at or you may damage your FW tank.

dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote