Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #1

Ideas for Closet Space

Have a 2014 Jayco Ultra Featherlite 17Z. Love it, but has no closet space. Anyone have ideas on how we can store our clothes?

2014 Jayco X17Z Ultra Featherlite
2011 Ford F150 4x4 V8
Tan&Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2

We had a similar trailer. I bought large plastic storage drawer units, and we put them inside the shower. If you look around you can find really large ones as big as regular cloths drawers. I was able to put two units in which made 8 drawers. We then used the shower at the campgrounds, but you could pull it out if you are stuck. The other option is to give everyone their own Rubbermaid bin, and store them outside under the sides of the trailer (the bed wings)once you arrive at the campground.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #3

This is also my plan. Using the shower is really the only extra space and we usually camp where hot showers are available. My plan is to place a tall, small cub bard inside, free standing, with one large door. Haven't found the right one yet. Don't want to add a lot of weight to the camper and need advice on how to secure it to the wall. Concerned about attaching to the trailer walls anywhere. Has anyone done this for storage?
donnajk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #4

Thanks for responding! Will try the shower recommendation.

2011 Ford F150 4x4 V8
Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #5

If you've ever seen the movie,"The Long Long Trailer" with Lucile Ball and Desi Arnez,That's exactly what Desi did because Lucy took all the closet space.
Whoever wrote the screen play for that movie had to have had some RV experience.
I have seen people put a closet rod the length of the shower resting on top of the surround.
1 wife
2 spoiled cihuahua's
rugerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:02 AM   #6

Depending on what your Tow Veh is...We are towing with a trailblazer and my husband hung a hanging rack ( pole) in the backend of the blazer. We hang everything except our undergarments. We put those in a tote and just leave clothes in the vehicle the entire trip until we are ready to wear them. Works great for us.
Indiana42631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #7

I like this idea as well! Thank you for sharing.

2011 Ford F150 4x4 V8
Old 07-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #8

Just wanted to ask you - we have just purchased the same trailer as you have and the same year and used it for the first time this past weekend - we hooked up the sewage directly and didn't use the holding tank - just wanted to ask you if we're suppose to do anything to the toilet when we leave it - do you know? also what do you use to clean the toilet and shower - I read you can't use bleach?

New to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Liz
jamiesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmith View Post
Just wanted to ask you - we have just purchased the same trailer as you have and the same year and used it for the first time this past weekend - we hooked up the sewage directly and didn't use the holding tank - just wanted to ask you if we're suppose to do anything to the toilet when we leave it - do you know? also what do you use to clean the toilet and shower - I read you can't use bleach?

New to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Liz
Liz,

Little off topic for this thread, but your question needs to addressed before a potential issue occurs.

Do you mean by "hooking sewage directly" and "didn't use the holding tank" that you connected the waste dump hose between the sewer and trailer then left the black/grey holding tanks valves open? If so this is PROBLEM for the black tank.

RV tanks drain with gravity, there is no pressure to evacuate the tanks. Therefore if the black tank is left open the liquids drain leaving the solids behind. The solids will ultimately mound up and cause a real problem. You should be holding waste in that tank till it is atleast 2/3 full before dumping to have enough liquid to flush the solids. If you are on a short trip and won't fill it that full from actaul use they just dump water down the toilet. Liquid is an essential part of the balck tank -- the more the better.

Grey tank isn't as much of an issue since there shouldn't be solids, however I have recently converted to closing the grey too and only opening once full. I don't like the idea of an open connection between my TT and sewer.

When dumping, always dump black then grey to help clear any solids that may be left in the sewer hose.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #10

Thank you so much for the quick response. I think I need to go and check it. We are new to RVing and new to blogging - so I apologize for not following the right thread - couldn't figure out how to start a new question - will check it out - I have to go to my storage location and check - we hooked up directly to the sewer lines on our last (first) trip and when we flushed the toilet and used the shower/sink - the waste went directly into their septic tanks.

Many thanks
Liz
jamiesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #11

Well said, Clubhouse.

I will ALSO, begin keeping our gray water tank closed to c/g septic.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote