Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Installing Front Stabilizer Jacks on 195RB

Just brought home a new 2016 Jayflight SLX 195RB. Trailer only has rear jack stands. Has anyone else installed front jacks, and if so, any pictures?
Thank you
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #2

We bought 4 Camco aluminum stack jack stands instead. $30.00. Our little 16xrb has not front stabilizers and it was driving me nuts. I took the easy way out and ordered these for now. Two of them made a huge difference - first time using them this week and really happy with the result. Might just keep using these instead of installing stabilizers.

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-44560...ack+jack+stand
sherimckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:13 PM   #3

Great price on a 4 pack! I ordered a couple of BAL levellers, going to install in the front. I had an AR-ONE with only two before, so i will do the exact same
Old 08-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #4

I had Rick's RV add the front stabilizers identical to the rear ones as part of the purchase. They charged $192. I thought they were going to weld them but they bolted them to the frame. They also mounted them in line with rv instead on across like the back ones.

I use my small drill with a socket I bought off Amazon
Quick Products (QPLSJS) Deluxe Scissor Jack Leveling Socket
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Add-on Item $4.36

they go up and down very quickly. Rick's was overpriced on the labor but I just don't have time to do it myself.

If you want to do it yourself I will post pictures so you can see how they did it.
RogerR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:37 AM   #5

i was under the trailer ..... i see where they should be going. This weekends project. Added a Max-air last weekend, it was so hot up there, i could barely see from the sweat! Oh well, in no time we'll be complaining it's cold. One thing i wanted to do was add struts to the bed, but after further investigation, there really is no where to mount them, unlike their bigger brother jayflights, that actually have a solid box under the bed!
Old 08-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I had Rick's RV add the front stabilizers identical to the rear ones as part of the purchase. They charged $192. I thought they were going to weld them but they bolted them to the frame. They also mounted them in line with rv instead on across like the back ones.

I use my small drill with a socket I bought off Amazon
Quick Products (QPLSJS) Deluxe Scissor Jack Leveling Socket
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Add-on Item $4.36

they go up and down very quickly. Rick's was overpriced on the labor but I just don't have time to do it myself.

If you want to do it yourself I will post pictures so you can see how they did it.
OOPS! I got under the trailer and the front stabilizer jacks were both welded and bolted. Did not see the welds from above.
RogerR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #7

Installed them on the weekend..... took me about 45 minutes to install (drill 3 holes per stabilzer). The BAL stabilizers i installed are actually better than the ones the factory installed, and mine are str8 too!
Old 08-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
i was under the trailer ..... i see where they should be going. This weekends project. Added a Max-air last weekend, it was so hot up there, i could barely see from the sweat! Oh well, in no time we'll be complaining it's cold. One thing i wanted to do was add struts to the bed, but after further investigation, there really is no where to mount them, unlike their bigger brother jayflights, that actually have a solid box under the bed!
You can add support struts to the 195RB Queen bed. This is one of the first things I did and they work great. Here is a link to a post with some details about how I went about doing it:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...uts-27480.html
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
You can add support struts to the 195RB Queen bed. This is one of the first things I did and they work great. Here is a link to a post with some details about how I went about doing it:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...uts-27480.html
we did too on ours. You may have to mount them in the reverse direction but they really are an improvement on jacking the bed end up with wood

While we were at it we beefed up the bed frame on the bottom.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:42 AM   #10

thanks for the link .... guess thats a fall project when it's not so darn hot in the trailer
Old 10-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #11

I installed these on our 16XRB. Purchased the self-tapping hardware from Home Depot. Took about an hour and a half and that included the trip to HD.

2-1/2 Ton Trailer Stabilizer Jack
FIREBUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote