Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #31
we have the 20mrb and the little 22" TV sound is awful. I just ran a aux cable from the headphone jack on the TV to the front of the irv aux in jack. Switched mode to auv and viola. Easy peasy.

Scsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:09 PM   #32
Originally Posted by denn888 View Post
I had the same problem also, When watching TV, sound ONLY came out of the TV. My paperwork came with an extra AV cable (RED & WHITE for audio, YELLOW for video) I unscrewed the 4 screws holding the iRV6500BT (not sure if you have this unit or not) and GENTLY (easy to nick & scratch the veneer) pulled the unit out exposing all the wires. Take the extra AV cable and plug the RED & WHITE plugs into the iRV unit's Line In (Its color coded), dont plug the yellow plug in. I then ran the wiring with the other cables going to the Jensen TV. On the back of the Jensen TV plug the RED & WHITE plugs into the AUDIO out. #1 in the diagram. Now with the other AV cable I plugged the RED WHITE YELLOW plugs into the LINE OUT of the iRV unit. The other end of this cable goes to the back of the Jensen TV COMPONENT VIDEO INPUT. RED plugs into R, WHITE plugs into L, Yellow plugs into Y. Turn on your TV and change your SOURCE on the remote to TV. Change MODE on your iRV unit to AUX IN. You should have sound coming out of the stereo speakers. You can also turn off the TV speakers via your TV remote control MENU section. Good Luck ! This worked for me with the iRV6500BT and Jensen 32in TV. To get to the back of the Jensen TV there are 2 levers that are accessed from underneath the TV and reaching up and pulling the levers towards you, once you here them pop, swing the TV upwards. On my TV bracket there was a steel cable attached to both levers, pulling down on the cable didnt help, the levers MUST be pulled towards yourself. Any questions or criticisms please let me know. This is our first TT, traded in our popup this year
I will have to try this, see if I can get it to work. Thanks!!

2015 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.0L-V8, 4:10 gears
2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
2013 Jayco Jay Feather 23b (traded in)
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L HD Tow Package (traded in)
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Revschuette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #33
Thanks everyone for replying so quickly. Changing the TV settings to speaker off and fixed vise variable with the iRV on Aux was the trick.

JohnAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #34
IMHO, the Jensen TV is junk. We had the 24 inch in our 20MRB, also. Checked online fof the suggested retail of this TV is $329.00.

Went to Best Buy and bought a Samsung smart TV for just under $200.00. Mount in the trailer was the same, hooked up easily and it will even stream videos from many sources including an external hard drive or my Samsung S4. Speakers on this TV actually sound as good as the RV speakers.

2015 White Hawk 20MRB
2011 F150 Non EcoBoost (5.0)
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #35
Change these settings and the TV will play through the stereo
Attached Thumbnails
20150804_153943.jpg   20150804_154010.jpg  
lilbald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #36
You have most likely fixed the issue...but if you buy a 1/8" mini stereo cord at both ends you will plug one end into the headphone jack of the TV and the other end into AV/AUX jack in the head unit switch mode to AV and you are all hooked up and sound will come out of all of the speakers hooked up.. Also a cheaper way to up grade your sound system is to get a powered computer speaker system with a subwoofer make sure it has an aux in ..plug a RCA PIN TYPE CORD INTO THE AUX OUT ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT AND INTO THE AUX IN ON THE SUB TURN THE COMP SPEAKER ON ABOUT 3/4'S UP AND USE YOU IRV REMOTE TO CONTROL THE REST--I SPENT 50 BUCKS AND NOW HAVE A FULL SPECTRUM OF SOUND. I PUT THE SUB AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CABINET BELOW THE TV ALL OF THE WIRES ARE NOW HIDDEN AND I CUT OUT 2 BASS PORT HOLES INSTALLED OLD ONES FROM A OLDER SPEAKER CAB IN THE BLACK PANEL..LOOKS FACTORY.
DEAN SWIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #37
Yep I got it to work thanks to all the nice folks like you on the Forum.

JohnAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #38

I had tried using the red and white audio cord to the Tv and the Head unit. but the sound was out of time the head set jack was better at least for me....
DEAN SWIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #39
I had the same issue and found the wiring in the back of the Radio was incorrect, The red/white had to be plugged TV's "audio out" to the head unit's "audio in" for playing TV to AUX1. I have sound in the TV and by turning on the tuner by going to AUX1 I have both TV & Ceiling speakers. Either can be turned off independent of the other. 10 minutes max with straightening the wire rats nest I found behind there.

2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote