Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #1

Is Jayco dropping the Whitehawk line ?

Im in the tampa region , I visited 2 RV one dealership Tampa RV and Orlando RV , they have hundreds of TT on their site, Uge Jayco inventory in both location but basically no Whitehawk ! Whats going on ? There is 3 floorplan that we would like to see .... however we also looked and we are almost set on a Jayflight 29RKS We are going to take our chance on a rear kitchen hopefully its not going to be a mistake we like the floorplan so much...if we choke its going to be a Jayflight 29rlds. Too bad that I cant get a 2014 24rbs whitehawk like I have now but builded with a full slide and 2 recliners ! I would never look to upgrade with a floor plan like that but this floor exist only in my head.....

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #2

Everything is still on JAYCO's web-site. However 2 floor plans are dealer stock only.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #3

When I was looking at trailers I contacted the Jayco customer service on their web site. Told them what I was looking for and they told me which dealers in my area had or were going to have that model.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #4

A few weeks ago we were at the RV Show in Minneapolis and went through several Whitehawks. So they are still out there somewhere.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #5

I don't know if it's a true picture of their TT sales but there's a Travel Trailer Poll in the Jayco TT forum showing White Hawk to be their 3rd best seller. If they were going to drop one line I don't think it would be the White Hawk.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #6

We were just at Buffalo RV today looking at the WH 28DSBH we ordered in September. They only had ONE other WH on the lot! Not sure why, maybe just not popular in our area? We also don't see many in campgrounds around here. I don't believe the WH is going anywhere soon. Ultralight trailers are hot, especially for the half-ton people like myself.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #7

When we bought ours in August, there were about a dozen White Hawk TTs in 5 or 6 models. They had 2 - 28DSBH trailers and they sold in the same week... ours and the other delivered on consecutive days. I see them quite often down in these parts.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
When I was looking at trailers I contacted the Jayco customer service on their web site. Told them what I was looking for and they told me which dealers in my area had or were going to have that model.
We did the same when we wanted to look at a 38FDDS in the fall of 2015. Jayco sent us a list of dealers with ones in stock. We ended up seeing one at RV One in Orlando while on vacation. Only a 15 min ride from where we were staying.
The closest one in stock to us in Massachusetts was located at RV One in Buffalo NY which is 6 hours away. Of course RV one in Orlando tried to sell us the one at their Buffalo store and said they'd deliver it from Buffalo to Cape Cod MA for a fee. I think it was $800 or $900.
Although we may have saved a few bucks if we bought from them (but not that much if we added in the delivery fee), we decided to order/buy locally from the only Jayco dealer in MA, Forrest Marine RV, a Jayco only dealer that has stellar reviews. I'm glad we did. They not only delivered and set up the rig for no charge to our seasonal site on Cape Cod, 130 miles from the dealership, they also made the 130 trip, again for no charge, to address a couple of warranty issues we had.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #9

I just signed a purchase order for a new 2017 Whitehawk 24RKS to be built. Ordered it from online and will be delivered to Orlando RV for pickup. The salesman told me to expect 8-10 weeks for manufacture and delivery to Orlando. So, at least for now, they are still in production.
Philspet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Im in the tampa region , I visited 2 RV one dealership Tampa RV and Orlando RV , they have hundreds of TT on their site, Uge Jayco inventory in both location but basically no Whitehawk ! Whats going on ? There is 3 floorplan that we would like to see .... however we also looked and we are almost set on a Jayflight 29RKS We are going to take our chance on a rear kitchen hopefully its not going to be a mistake we like the floorplan so much...if we choke its going to be a Jayflight 29rlds. Too bad that I cant get a 2014 24rbs whitehawk like I have now but builded with a full slide and 2 recliners ! I would never look to upgrade with a floor plan like that but this floor exist only in my head.....
We just had a local RV show-Harrisburg, PA- and the Jayco rep said Jayco is redoing the White Hawk line with new floorplans, etc. and they'll be out in July as 2018 models. The factory would probably tell you more. We're looking too. Good luck!
movinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philspet View Post
I just signed a purchase order for a new 2017 Whitehawk 24RKS to be built. Ordered it from online and will be delivered to Orlando RV for pickup. The salesman told me to expect 8-10 weeks for manufacture and delivery to Orlando. So, at least for now, they are still in production.
One local dealer told us last week that Jayco is so backed up that a special order of WH24rks would take 6 mos. I hope you get yours in the time they told you. Maybe you beat the clock!
Old 03-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #12

Yikes! I guess I need to look into that. That would be a bummer!
Philspet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #13

We bought off-the-lot in early August. The dealer told us then that they were backlogged and it would take quite a spell to get an order done. The one we got had everything we wanted and 2 things we didn't... so ...
Old 03-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #14

We just bought a white hawk today. The dealer had a few there to choose from.

Only had it a few hours now but we're in love with it.
Kc8yhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #15

Let me know if you get. I ordered a 2017 Whitehawk 24 RKS. From Tampa RV beginning of March or mid to late February. Was first told would have in April, then by June 1st. That was ok because we have a trip planned to Asheville, NC on June 11. Now I was told that I won't get until August and it will be a 2018. On top of that the 24 RKS is discontinued and the replacement is a 26 RK. Good Luck
Jkohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #16

Ordered same

I too ordered a Whitehawk 24 RKS From Tampa RV on Feb 28. At first was told would have by June 1st, which was fine as we have a trip planned to Asheville NC June 11. A couple of weeks ago they informed me that I won't get until August and it will be a 2018. Not only that but the 24RKS IS discontinued and replaced by a 26 RK. Let me know if you get it, Good Luck.
Jkohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #17

The rest of the story...

We got all excited when we finally found a new 2016 Whitehawk 24rks at a dealer in NJ 3 hours away.
So off we went prepared to buy. But husband went up on the roof to check edges, and he looked over the side. He saw a slight bubble in the fiberglass above the slideout. The salesman insisted there wasn't! (An honest mistake??? It WAS slight.) But husband insisted on getting a straight edge to check it. So the shop manager got up there with ladder and 4' level. Yep, he agreed. So we walked away disappointed. Afraid it would only get worse, especially with the weight of the slideout, or maybe there's already a leak where it couldn't be seen...yet.
Now husband definitely prefers stick 'n tin!
Old 05-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #18

I love our 2013 30DSRE. We bought it new in 2012. It's been a great trailer and we have taken it all over the country. I was disappointed to see the floor plan we have was discontinued but at least we got one before that happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1494568406.914558.jpg  
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote