Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #1

Jay Feather 23m

Man what an awesome trailer the 2013, 23m is. The slide gives it ample room and with the extras it has it definitely is camping in style. Haven't heard or seen anyone one else share about it, nor have I seen any on the road or for that matter any other reviews. The dealer I got it from hasn't seemed to be able to get another in, not sure if its a slow seller or I was just lucky. Sure fits the bill well for our family !
DBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #2

Jay Feather 23m

I quite like the layout. It's similar to our 228 with a slide. I like the Murphy bed. Upload some pics when you get a chance.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #3

We almost bought a 23M. It's a great trailer! We went with the X213 because we got a deal on a left over 2012 and it fit next to my garage a little better. The murphy bed is a really cool idea.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #4

I am new to RVing and recently purchased up a 2013 Jayco 23M. Love the murphy bed and the 2 bunk beds in the back. Plenty of room for my wife and son as well. Our first outing will be next week to Hershey Park, PA. Still figuring out how everything works and adding our own touch to the rv.

BTW, this forum has been of value already.
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #5

You haven't seen a bunch of 23M's around or on the site because they are new this year, you'll see some more popping up here as well as a few on the road. It was the same for me last year with our 228, I started the 228 group and now there are 13 of us 12 are owners of 228's. Still have yet to see one on the road, but one day we will... Congrats on a very cool trailer enjoy it and the forums, tons of great folks with great info.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #6

Stringfellow, how close to Hershey are you? Spent many a summer going to Hershey Park, don't remember camping there, but plenty of day trips with the parents and grandparents, grew up outside Wilkes-Barre.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsuduke View Post
Stringfellow, how close to Hershey are you? Spent many a summer going to Hershey Park, don't remember camping there, but plenty of day trips with the parents and grandparents, grew up outside Wilkes-Barre.
I am about 1 1/2 hours away from Hershey. I figured it would be a good first trip to work out any kinks before some much longer trips this summer.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #8

We just got our 23m a week ago and are thrilled even though we've only spent one night in it. We've been in a 19h for five years so the solid walls and real bed are going to be quite the luxury
camillak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #9

You are going to enjoy that 23m F150 Jayco. My King Ranch 150 tows mine great especially with the equilizer system. Looking forward to getting ours out for three nights again this coming weekend for a fourth trip this year. Just added a power tongue hitch to front, max airII on top and a few other goodies and ready to enjoy the comforts near the beach. Enjoy sleeping in with the solid sides, deep mattress and all the comforts of home only better
Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #10

The wife and I are lusting over the 20M because of the Murphy bed and it'll fit in the area we have for storage. The 23M is a bit too long and we don't need the bunks anyway. We saw a Flagstaff with a Murphy bed which hooked us on the idea. The slide in the Jayco adds floor and counter space that makes it way better than the Flagstaffs.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #11

DBartlett, care to share the other goodies you've added? We were out for 3 nights last weekend and found the storage cabinets will all need shelves for better use of the vertical space...clothes don't get hung up while we're camping! :hihi: We were thrilled with our 23m on our first real weekend using it. We have a seasonal site so we are lucky to come and go as we please.
camillak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #12

F150. Agreed on things not getting hung up. I hung a sweatshirt up in there at one point and it doesn't come close to fitting. At some point and time I will cut some shelves most likely for both wardrobes beside the bed. As far as goodies I have added, have installed a Bulldog power tongue jack, MaxAir II, Equalizer WD system, vent screens for water heater, furnace and fridge vents, screen door cross bars, battery LED lights in all the exterior cubbies as well as some in the cabinet below countertop just as you walk in the door. (Hard to see in there without) and that's the biggest portion of the list ! Oh yeah and I bought an interior ladder for the back bunk and after cutting a few inches off and recapping it works perfect. That's it for the budget for now... And probably the year
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #13

Our dealer told us that for 2014 the 23M is going to be in the White Hawk line. They didn't have a 2013 on the lot.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBartlett View Post
F150. Agreed on things not getting hung up. I hung a sweatshirt up in there at one point and it doesn't come close to fitting. At some point and time I will cut some shelves most likely for both wardrobes beside the bed. As far as goodies I have added, have installed a Bulldog power tongue jack, MaxAir II, Equalizer WD system, vent screens for water heater, furnace and fridge vents, screen door cross bars, battery LED lights in all the exterior cubbies as well as some in the cabinet below countertop just as you walk in the door. (Hard to see in there without) and that's the biggest portion of the list ! Oh yeah and I bought an interior ladder for the back bunk and after cutting a few inches off and recapping it works perfect. That's it for the budget for now... And probably the year
We took the hanging bars out of the large storage cabinet in the back of the RV and the 2 cabinets either side of the bed and stacked storage containers in each cabinet. We labeled each container for socks, shirts, pants, etc. We bring the containers in to the house, load them up with clothes and out to the RV.

Some of the changes made to our Jayco 23M include:

Upgraded exhaust fan in bathroom
Power tongue jack
Removable shelf MOD for tv components (ie. satellite receiver, etc.)
Maxair exhaust vent cover
Bug vent screens for water heater, fridge, heater
Stabilizer bars for the scissor jacks
LED light bulbs
Folding step stools for each side of Murphy bed to make getting into/out of bed easier.
Puck lights next to the bed

Overall the J 23M is a great travel trailer. Will try and post some pics this week.