Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #21

X17Z photo of factory frame to dexter axle setup. Will the dexter # 10 axle riser kit work on this setup ? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	9553
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #22

Jayco 165 lift - Torflex#10 axle

I can't say for sure because I made my own. From the pic I can see the axle is bolted through the side like mine was. I can see the vertical hole in the axle is unused.

What I can't tell is what the shape of the frame is where it bolts to. Mine has a plate welded to the side and it hangs down for the bolts. Yours looks a little different, but not much.

People have used the kit on my type, and yours looks similar enough I think it would work. You would end up using the horizontal bolts through frame and new spacer like it is now, and vertical holes through spacer and axle.

Some of the dexter vendors online have detailed drawings.
G Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #23

Jayco 165 lift - Torflex#10 axle

Took mine on a trip for the last 4 days. About 250 miles on some winding mountain roads. Handled just like before the lift.

Had to put together some risers for the stab jacks and extend the tongue jack. For that I took an old automotive jack stand and drilled a hole in the tongue jack lower tube, used the pin that normally sets the height of the stand to attach it to the tongue jack. Quick, easy, and really pretty stable. I'll get some pics when I unhook tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377645867.442976.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	9583
G Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #24

I called Dexter axle and spoke with Denise. I gave her the serial # of my axle and the # 10 axle riser kit will work on my axle setup. There is no norco adapter on my axle. Ordered the #10 kit, but like previous post I have read you get enough for tandem axles. Hopefully I will be able to get it lifted this weekend. While talking with Denise she told me I could run up to 15" rims on that particular axle if the wheel well had enough clearance, but I would have to make that determination.
Also she emailed me all the specs for that serial # axle. Dexter customer service is great ! ! I'm thinking the 15" wheels would be the best choice, won't make that decision until I get it lifted.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #25

Do you have the extra lift brackets for sale???
cnbreichard is offline   Reply With Quote