Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #21

Can't wait to see pics Ry, as far as skylights, yes confirmed on all 2013 ultra lites, got email from Jayco yesterday. Confirmed with dealership today, delivery of my 13 supposed to be by 5/29 I suspect it will look very different from yours, new color scheme and decals outside. You will have to let us know how the window works for you. I posted the info from Jayco under 2013 info topic here in ultra Lites section if interested.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-guy View Post
Hey Jayco 228. We bought ours from RV City as they are local and both myself and my wife were former employees (I worked part time after school, during high school and my wife worked part time while in university). We are still waiting for the new window to come in and be installed. Jayco is custom making it for us. Total cost with the install was $690 for the window. As well when they install the window we are having the skylight over the tub added, $425, as the unit did not come with it. Ours is a 2012 model and what I have seen so far the 2013 are coming with the skylight. I never really thought about the tub surround. May be something we will have to look at after we get the trailer home. They are hoping to have the window next week and we can take delivery end of April, beginning of May. Really looking forward to getting ours so I can load this big pile of stuff into it and out of my garage. I will post pictures of the window mod once it's in. Ryan
We looked at RV City but their prices seemed a little out of line compared to AllStar and Western RV. The tub surround was my wife's request, I was not real happy about spending more money but the more I think about it I am glad we did it. I am hoping that ours ends up being a 2013 and has the skylight that would be a nice bonus. What are you pulling yours with?
Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #23

We are towing ours with a 2011 Ford Explorer. Towed a friends trailer last summer with it. It had similar weight (4600 lbs loaded) and had more than enough power. We just need to watch our axle weights closely to ensure we stay within its limits. Ryan
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #24

Quote:
We are towing ours with a 2011 Ford Explorer. Towed a friends trailer last summer with it. It had similar weight (4600 lbs loaded) and had more than enough power. We just need to watch our axle weights closely to ensure we stay within its limits. Ryan
We are pulling ours with our 4-runner, hope it works out ok. Just found out that our trailer is 2012 not a 2013...was hoping for the skylight but I guess I'll have to live without it. It's still sitting on the Jayco lot but should be here by next Saturday. Can't wait!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #25

Congrats as we'll to you, Lsuduke on 228 purchase. It seems we are getting more and more 228 owners here as spring continues on.
Maybe we will see you around Jayco 228. We have already booked second and third week of July for Calgary/Drumheller and the last week of July for Jasper. Ryan
Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #26

Had hoped to have it before memorial day, for first trip but not looking like it so far, my father in law just offered to drive to factory to get it. Will have to see if that is an option. First time I'll be using it is August for the Watkins Glen Nascar weekend, have that booked and confirmed, if the opportunity comes up before then, I'll be on it. Just went shopping for some supplies, making the list for items we will need and buy when its on sale. Just replaced my directv receiver that will be going on the road with us. Keeping an eye on the countdown.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Congrats as we'll to you, Lsuduke on 228 purchase. It seems we are getting more and more 228 owners here as spring continues on.
Maybe we will see you around Jayco 228. We have already booked second and third week of July for Calgary/Drumheller and the last week of July for Jasper. Ryan
Where do you camp by Calgary? We are probably going to do a weekend trip down to Cowtown to go to the zoo. We usually camp at the lions park in Okotooks, it's not too far out of town.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #28

We stay at the Calgary West Campground. It's nice, fairly clean and a twenty minute drive to the zoo. They have a nice heated pool, mini golf and a small playground. We don't usually spend a lot of time there as we usually get up, head to the zoo and don't get back until after supper. We are typically gone the next day. Ryan
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #29

Quote:
We stay at the Calgary West Campground. It's nice, fairly clean and a twenty minute drive to the zoo. They have a nice heated pool, mini golf and a small playground. We don't usually spend a lot of time there as we usually get up, head to the zoo and don't get back until after supper. We are typically gone the next day. Ryan
Thanks Ry-guy. We will have to check that out.