Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

Jayco Bashing

Has anyone else seen people slagging Jayco TTs? I've come across what appears to be Lance TT enthusiests bashing Jaycos. Its almost as if they are trying to sell Lance trailers, but instead of saying how good they are, they say how bad the similar Jayco models are. I don't know if its happening with other brands, just seems insteresting.
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #2

There is someone that is spewing on another RV forum right now because that person was not offering anything constructive on Jayco Owners Forum. The Administrators and Moderators at JOF understand there are those that have problems with their Jayco, and these people are encouraged to bring them up in a manner that may solicit ideas or advice on how to fix the problem or where to get help with their problem, but if all they want to do is bash Jayco, we all have better and brighter things to discuss. Bashing doesn't solve any problems. It promotes ill will and degrades what JOF is all about.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3firetrucks View Post
snip...... just seems insteresting.
3firetrucks,

.... and in the end that's about all one can say about it, "interesting".

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #4

The last time I checked the Lance TT price is almost 100% more than a similar Jayco. Must be a lot of quality there.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #5

More than likely someone with a bad ownership experience. RV.Net is full of threads started by folks unhappy with Brand Whatever RV. They run a short course then get locked down. From what I've seen, from the most expensive to the least, none 'em are perfect (well except maybe for the $1.8 million Millenium Coach I recently saw). If what I have suits my purpose, isn't shedding parts down the road, doesn't explode or burn up, I'm happy. I think we can all agree the build quality, fit and finish of any brand could be better. That said, I'm pretty tickled with build, fit and finish of our new White Hawk. Time will tell.............
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #6

Jayco is my fist trailer, so I don't have experience with the others, but of course I could spend more on a higher end model of another brand and of course it will be better than mine. Even though I didn't purchase from a dealer, I was sure impressed with the customer service / sales at the Jayco dealers, which of course sells other brands as well. Every other dealer I went to when shopping couldn't touch on the customer service / sales aspect of the Jayco dealers I went to. I'm certain I wouldn't complain about a brand just to say the one I have is a better model. Though I think mine is pretty darn good!
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #7

Over the years we have had a Skyline Nomad TT, a Sunline TT, a Sunnybrook TT and now we are on our 2nd Jayco 5th Wheel.
The Sunline TT we did not have very long, (It was too small for us, 16' I think) but it was a great little RV.
The Skyline TT was a 24 Ft bunkhouse, it was a bottom end trailer with a lot of problems, glad to see it go!!!
The Sunnybrook TT was a 26 Ft TT, it was a great trailer 96 model we bought new and had for 9 problem free years.
Our 1st Jayco 5th Wheel was a 05 Eagle 251RLS, great little 5th Wheel for weekends and state parks. No problems for 6 years of service.
Our current Jayco Pinnacle has just completed its first year of fulltime service and it has had a few what I consider minior problems but over all is holding up very well and giving us great service.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Site Team

And on this forum they must adhere to the following rules when reporting problems with their unit. Brand bashing is not tolerated here, is not helpful.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...-Issues-Thread

Rules to posting in the Jayco Problems and Issues Thread
1. This area is designed to discuss significant or reoccurring issues with your Jayco camper. General problem solving should remain in the appropriate forum such as Tech Talk or Travel Trailer area.
2. No general bashing for the sake of bashing. You have come here to explain your problem and look for assistance in getting it resolved.
3. Keep your issues or problems to a single thread. It is ok to reference you have the same problem in someones else's thread, but let's try to keep it one thread per person.
4. Any legal discussions, including stating that you have hired a lawyer, mention of lawsuits, threats, etc will cause the thread to be removed.

I (Rolly) am not here alot. I have gave my Global Mod and Mods the ability to ban any problem makers. With that said lets keep it clean and act like adults. If you have any problems with anyone on the board please feel free to pm one of the many mods or admin with you concerns.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #9

I don't know about the rest of you but my wife and I are very pleased with the quality of our Jay Flight 197. We upgraded to this from a 2003 Aliner hard-sided pop up trailer so our Jayco is a mansion to us! Besides, we don't need a lot to be happy and our Jayco is very spacious and well equipped. Like others, I just wish Jayco could have enclosed the underbelly with insulation and put in holding/water tank heaters.
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #10

Every owner is going to have a different experience and each brand is going to have their fans and not. While I cannot and will not comment on brands I have not owned I did own a Keystone product which was fair and had no significant issues under ownership, so no bad blood there. We looked at several brands and we wanted a specific style, (5'er) with a specific layout (rear bunkhouse) which we got down to three.

I chose the Jayco based on the layout, what I could see in quality, components, and the 2 year warranty. Jayco has stepped up to bat for me in a claim that they really were under no obligation to and are doing the right thing by me. For that I am grateful and happy I chose them. Sometimes it's the way you go about things I guess...

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #11

This is our first TT and we couldn't be happier with it. We're planning an upgrade to a 5th in '14 or '15 (or maybe next week:hihi. Recently ordered the new TV and dancing foot-to-foot waiting for that.
My biggest complaint is it's at the storage lot and I'm sitting at my desk :drooling:. The bride an I were trying to find a weekend to escape and found the next opportunity will be the one we've already planned (Jellystone in June w/ our g'son, oh yeah, and his parents too - what're their names again?).
How does all this "Other Stuff" get on our calendars?
Of all the forums I watch/post this one has the fewest bashers and the most helpful.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #12

We've had some minor issues with our Jayco, but nothing that really warrants any "bashing," mostly it was little things missed in the delivery inspection. Sure this lifestyle isn't inexpensive, but this old Boy Scout would much rather have his morning coffee and listen to the birds sing after having spent the night in a comfy bed. It's all in how you look at it.

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #13

Has it come to that? A guy in a mobile home making fun of another guys mobile home?.....:jack:
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #14

They are all just mad because they figured out they should have bought a Jayco to begin with
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #15

I just look at the source. I have a friend who thinks whatever brand of anything he has is the best. Then when he replaces it with a different brand then the old one was junk and his new brand is the best.
Locky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #16

We just took our Jayco Feather 228 out last weekend and couldn't be happier. We had a Quicksilver Pop up for 3 years which was good, however we needed a few more amenities. We searched and researched for about 3-4 months and finally decided Jayco was the route to go. It has decent quality and our dealer in Cincinatti, OH was great to work with along with their dealership in our home state of Indiana. The Jayco dealer was the most honest of all of the many, many dealers we dealt with. Looking forward to a few good years with our Jayco.....
herbjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #17

We have purchased a used 2006 Jayco jay flight 29bh that was well taken care of It has held out well we upgraded from a Coleman pop up that was also used and in good condition so we were and still are very satisfied with our purchases.
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #18

I don't usually post here in this sub-forum as I have a Jayco Hybrid.

However, when I saw the title of this thread I had to read and post my thought(s).

There are 2 forums I like to read, of course this one is first and the other one is RV.net. Again I look at their Hybrid section. I will say it seems like there is a lot of Jayco bashing whenever the chance comes up.

They seem to be fans of Forest River TT's!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by exjay1 View Post
they are all just mad because they figured out they should have bought a jayco to begin with
x2

lol
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #20

I don't actually own a Jayco yet. I do have a deposit down on a used 2010 Jay Feather 226. I've looked at a lot of brands, and have previously owned a couple. Yes, there were trailers I would rather own than the Jayco I am buying, but they cost a LOT more. I called Jayco Tech Support a couple days ago with questions about the 226. It took the very pleasant young lady at the other end of the call a whole 30 seconds to find the answers for me. To me, that is worth a great deal. Not every company has that kind of customer service.
WoodLark is offline   Reply With Quote