Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #21

Wow, that is a great dealership for sure. I would like to think there are more that would do the same, but I think you found a gem! Congrats!
chukabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #22

Wow, Congrats!... that's a good dealership

2012 F150 XLT XTR Package 5.0L V8
2013 Jayco Swift 184BH
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post323979
Album: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums839.html
Mod: Changed LED Light, Key Hooks, Door Shower Holders, Dual Propane Holder, Bed Frame Support, Power Jack.
c00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #23

Hi Hitch Pin,

We've had a SLX BH 154 for 1 1/2 years. Agree, one of my first modifications was replacing the very thin plywood with 3/8 inch under the seats. I also added a ladder to access the top bunk (CampingWorld purchase), replaced the table legs with one of those swing systems for $50. Minor stuff like a paper towel rack and cutting board over the burners for more counter space.

Prior to a 14-day and 2,000 mile trip across New England I converted the shower area to a temporary closet with nice baskets for clothing and a hamper. It worked great. Since then I need another modification for a dog kennel. It fits right over the tub on top of plywood. The door swings out and now the shelves are on top. We'll test out this weekend.

Our family of 4 really enjoy the camper. Sure it's small but it's comfortable with all the amenities. When camping we're usually outside most of the time and just need comfortable sleeping and ample storage. No plans to upgrade. The 154 is light weight, fits in the driveway and is pretty low maintenance.

Have fun with your new purchase.
Cyranose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #24

Just read through your follow-up post. Think about a family of 4 along with a dog. You have to be comfortable to enjoy so I'm glad you found a camper that better suits your needs. For us, the 154 is a lot more comfortable than the family tent. I'm thrilled to sleep over the ground and have our own bathroom. Enjoy!
Cyranose is offline   Reply With Quote