Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

Jayco Swift SLX 154 BH

Hi All !

Does anyone else on here have a Jayco Swift SLX 154 BH besides me ?

If you do what do you think of it over all ?
Hitch Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #2

Looks like it's just us ! I picked mine up Friday. I like it so far.

Scott
Stripgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #3

Hey Scott! welcome to the forum....if you get a change come on over to the new member forum and introduce yourself....hope you enjoy that swift!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Site Team

There are others, if you use the search at the top of the page you will see some other owners in older posts and threads.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #5

Dont have a 154 but we have a 184. We have has 4 trips in it and love it. Had one minor problem with gas but had that fixed and we love it. Been busy doing mods. Will be busy all winter.
Rgriffis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #6

We have a 154, we like it but wish there were some changes.

https://blog.graywriterrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rv-dump-icon.jpg
CampRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampRock View Post
We have a 154, we like it but wish there were some changes.
We have not got to use ours yet, but I'm gone to make a few changes before we do, I don't like the thin plywood under the dinette seats, I'm gone to replace it with thicker plywood. I can't believe they put something that thin in there to start with.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
We have not got to use ours yet, but I'm gone to make a few changes before we do, I don't like the thin plywood under the dinette seats, I'm gone to replace it with thicker plywood. I can't believe they put something that thin in there to start with.
Hello Hitch, our 184 also has the thin plywood below the cushions.
Jayco saves money and also saves weight by using the thinner weight.

Cross members are close enough under the cushions that a heavier board probably won't contribute to any better comfort or support. I would have liked for them to have cut a small access door under the dining seats so that we could have some access w/out lifting cushions/plywood. At least to put in or retrieve smaller items.
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBL 1206 View Post

Cross members are close enough under the cushions that a heavier board probably won't contribute to any better comfort or support. I would have liked for them to have cut a small access door under the dining seats so that we could have some access w/out lifting cushions/plywood. At least to put in or retrieve smaller items.
On the 22FB, we do have access doors on both sides. It makes getting things in and out easier unless they are big.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:

The access door under the dining seat is another thing I was thinking of doing, looks like it would be easy to do. I have a wood working shop so the door would be easy for me to build.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #11

Quote:
The access door under the dining seat is another thing I was thinking of doing, looks like it would be easy to do. I have a wood working shop so the door would be easy for me to build.
I was thinking of doing the same. Just been trying to work up the courage.
I was thinking of buying a proper sized cabinet door, nice quality of course, and then cut and fit. If you take this project on, would you post a few pix of the process and completion. Not sure I would be satisfied if I were to make my own doors. I'm not really that talented w/the saws.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #12

Quote:
I was thinking of doing the same. Just been trying to work up the courage.
I was thinking of buying a proper sized cabinet door, nice quality of course, and then cut and fit. If you take this project on, would you post a few pix of the process and completion. Not sure I would be satisfied if I were to make my own doors. I'm not really that talented w/the saws.
Sure, I would be glad to, I will not be able to start on it untill march, but I will post the pic's for you.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #13

Hey Hitch Pin!

We got a 154bh last spring and love it. We took it on a 4800-mile trip out to Colorado, over the continental divide, back through Kansas & Missouri, and home to Michigan. It towed fine with our Chrysler Town & Country, and, overall, we loved it. We've got two boys (7&9), and the bunk bed arrangement was perfect for them.

The only limitation as far as we were concerned was the size of the gray water tank. Showering fills it up fast, but we tended to move every couple of nights, so we'd hit the dump-station on the way by. For the most part, we avoided RV parks and stayed in state- and national parks.

For 4 people, the interior is cozy. We tended just to sleep inside and/or hole up during bad weather. We finished more than 3 weeks later sleeping every night in the trailer still friends.
BTCohosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #14

we have the 184, took out all the thin plywood and replaced it with 3/4 inch. cut the new plywood in smaller sections so that you dont have to remove the whole piece to access an area. also installed touch lights in the cabinets that were so dark you could not see inside without a flashlite. found the dinette table very awkward to use under the bed, and too large to sit around comfortably. purchased a smaller table at target and use the original table for outside use. cut 3 pieces of plywood to use under the dinette bed. when not in use they store under the bunk mattress. have had the tt for a few months, and overall are very happy with it. good luck with the new tt. happy camping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #15

We had an SLX 145RB last year and liked it so much we got a White Hawk this year.

The 145 was so simple and basic we never had an issue. The White Hawk has a few problems but none so serious they require us to have the unit down for service instead of available for travel.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the SLX 154BH.

mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #16

mrnoyb.....that White Hawk is gorgeous!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #17

Quite a step up there, looking good.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #18

Hi,anyone have info on the weight of the factory installed awning on the 154 bh including arms and all installed hardware?
Poconobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #19

Love the easy tow

Quote:
Hi All !

Does anyone else on here have a Jayco Swift SLX 154 BH besides me ?

If you do what do you think of it over all ?
Hope I'm doing this right. Yes we also have a 154BH and love the easy tow. Did a 6,000 mile trip this past spring and planning another one for spring 2016.
chukabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukabird View Post
Hope I'm doing this right. Yes we also have a 154BH and love the easy tow. Did a 6,000 mile trip this past spring and planning another one for spring 2016.
I hate to say it, but here goes. When we bought this trailer it was kinda late in the year, we brought it straight home from the dealership, washed and waxed it and put a cover on it.

As soon as spring came we uncovered it and went inside and my wife laid down in the bed and said there was no way that she could sleep in the trailer, because it was too enclosed around the bed, she has claustrophobic real bad.

So I went and talked to the dealership where we bought it, and told them what had happened, to my surprise they said they would take the trailer back, it still had all the stickers on the windows and all the tags still hanging on the cabinets when we took it back.

Believe it or not they gave me everything back that I paid for the trailer toward a new one, couldn't ask for anything more than that.