Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #1

Jayfeather 24T vs 254 vs 23M

We are narrowing down our choices here. Anyone own one of these units that can please offer me your insights?

We really like the layout of the 24T's L-Shaped kitchen (which is now the Whitehawk 24RBS as of 2014) and also that it has a couch and a table. But the slide is not quite as deep and the table is tight.

The 254 is the largest of the units we are considering and the heaviest of course. It has a nice deep slide and U-shaped dinette, but no separate couch. My favourite part of this unit is the outdoor kitchen, which is a great feature. It has a huge bathroom and a lot of storage inside. However, strangely enough, there is just one drawer in the kitchen and it's under the fridge, very low down. Very odd.

The 23M is the model with the murphy bed. The smallest of our selections, it will be the easiest to tow and it has the benefit of a deep U-shaped dinette and a couch, which of course turns into a bed. Very cool idea, but I'm not sure if putting it up every morning would be a bit of a pain. And you would sort of feel like you were sleeping in the middle of the doorway when the bed is down!

So hard to decide!!! Help!
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #2

yk- I have a 24T and we are completely satisfied with it. Just enough room for 2 people, great bathroom and a breeze to tow with my 1/2 ton pickup. We also like the L shaped kitchen layout. We had looked at many tt before deciding on the 24T and have never regretted our decision.
Barndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #3

I vote for the Whitehawk 24RBS, we have a 28bhs with the same l shaped kitchen. After having many trailers, having a large kitchen was my top priority. We love it, and it gives the trailer a cottage feel. I also added a countertop extension to the counter. The slide is a little smaller, but we added a footstool and the room seems fine. You can take a tour of our trailer, and look at the countertop extension by clicking on the links below my name.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #4

yk,
You don't say how many people you will be travelling with. We love our X23B due to the space (I do note that none of your choices are a hybrid). Mostly it's just the Bride and I although we've accommodated up to 5 (our grandson - 6, and oh yeah, his parents) and that works well enough but is a bit crowded.
Our dinette is not very comfortable for lounging (watching tv).
The 254 looks nice and roomy but your comment about lack of kitchen storage would be a concern and the outside kitchen doesn't appeal to us.
The 23M with the murphy is pretty compact and I wonder how much storage there is - might have a similar kitchen storage issue. I'd bet the murphy would just fold up with sheets/ blanket in place and I don't think being near the door would be a problem (2 doors might be a nice feature). But I'm not a fan of bunks.
The 24T looks like it might have nice kitchen storage and the drawing shows linen and wardrobe closets and looks like it has several large windows.

So, all that being said I'd probably pick the 24T. Let us know what you decide on and why.
Spring is just 'round the corner - at least here in Texas.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #5

It appears they no longer make these models for 2014. Am I wrong?
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #6

The 23M is now a Whitehawk. I know b/c I'm upset I have to move up to a Whitehawk if I wanted to get it.
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #7

yk,
As RedHorse1 guessed, we fold up the bed with bedding intact - it is surprisingly lightweight - and the space between the end of the bed and the counter is enough to fit through for that middle of the night trip to the loo. I love the Murphy bed/sofa option and the U dinette is fantastic. Kitchen storage is a negative for us but we've made adjustments to make it work for us. The kids no longer want to camp with us so we use the bunks and rear ward for extra space.

I'm glad to see Jayco has gone back to the tub surround and medicine cabinet on the new model. What a bad decision to save costs on skipping those two designs on our 2013.

Good luck with the decision making process!

2013 Jay Feather Ultra Lite 23M
2007 Jay Feather EXP 19 H
camillak is offline   Reply With Quote