Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2015, 05:24 AM   #1

JayFeather X213 Questions

We are looking at a 2015 X213. I have a few questions/concerns.

1) The first is does the king bed area get the air/heat from the AC/furnace or is this like the pop up days to where only the main living area gets the heat and you need to use fans to get it in all areas of the trailer?

2) While I don't plan on taking everything with me there seems to be very little cargo capacity. The unit we were looking at had only about 1200lbs available. That seems small. I did some calculations and propane & the battery will take up approx. 140 lbs. Add 50 lbs for 2 bikes and you are now down to only 1000 lbs left. It's not like I am going to pack my house into the trailer but I don't want to have to weigh every little thing to make sure I am within spec. Anyone run into weight concerns? It's only my wife and I so no kids/toys to worry about.

3) Low ground clearance - Anyone bottom one of these out going in/out of gas stations? I see they offer a 2" lift but is that needed? If so that adds weight so go back to question 2.

4) Anyone remove the bunk areas from the front? We may keep the top bunk for storage if needed but the bottom bunk would get remove completely and good chance the top bunk would ask well. I would keep them for resale but we don't need them. That would give me some open area in the front for the dog bed/bowels. My other concern if I remove the bunks is how much will that throw off my tongue weight. On the other hand it's not like the frame work and mattress weigh a lot.

Anything else you want to add? We are only looking at the 2015 model. We aren't a fan of the new color scheme for 2016 or I would get a 2016.

Thanks
bnk190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #2

I have a X254 which is similar in design so I can answer some of your questions.

1)The heat gets to the king bed just fine. We haven't had to sue the a/c yet but it seems to blow pretty hard so I don't think it would be an issue.

2)We have a different unit so help for you here

3)It is very low. We have an issue with our driveway. I would get the lift. I wish we did. The sewer pipe is even too low for most sewer totes.

4) On ours we can flip up the bunks so make more space.

Overall we love the X254. The king slide out is nice. It's really big and really feels like camping with the windows on each side but no canvas to deal with like on hybrids. Also having the big cargo door is nice for storage.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #3

Another X254 owner here but FYI with my 2016 model anyways the extra height clearance is now standard.

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:41 PM   #4

Heat gets to slide with no problems but we don't run the heat all that often. Only to take the chill off since we dry camp most of the time.

Storage is limited and I can stow most things but I have a truck as well with a cap.

Lower bunk folds up and there is ample space. I use the upper bunk for storage when we don't have the Grand kids with us
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #5

Oh and I have never had an issue bottoming pulling in and out of gas stations. There are a couple little guards on the rear frame that are supposed to help just in case.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #6

We have a 2016 X213 and we love it. You get plenty of air in the King area. We have not run our heater yet. We have not had any issues with clearence. You can become pretty clever with the storage, we use bins and shelving to make it work.
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:39 AM   #7

In case you didn't know, there is storage under the couch, as least there is in ours. You just have to lift the couch up half way to lift the kick plate to access.