Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #41

I've been reading about the Tribeca. If it does not have the factory tow package, then the limit is 2000 lbs. If you only have the class I hitch, then you probably don't have the factory tow package, but I can't tell you that for sure. I'm no expert on the Subaru. From what I have found out so far, the factory tow package seems to be the class III hitch, wiring, and trans cooler. All easy things to add after market. I'll keep researching it, and will post if I find anything new.

Edit: The class I hitch does not indicate whether or not a tow package is installed.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #42

I was told (and I think it said on the window spec sheet) that it had the package and that it had a trans cooler. I am not sure why the hitch is so small. Maybe I will contact Subaru and find out for sure. With the transmission cooler it is 3500 as I understand it. I am going to have to find out for sure. Thank you for the info.
brewsterivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsterivy View Post
I was told (and I think it said on the window spec sheet) that it had the package and that it had a trans cooler. I am not sure why the hitch is so small. Maybe I will contact Subaru and find out for sure. With the transmission cooler it is 3500 as I understand it. I am going to have to find out for sure. Thank you for the info.
I'd recommend writing down your VIN# and calling the service dept of your local dealer. They should be able to quickly tell you every factory option that was supplied with your vehicle. I did that with my Jeep and it was quite helpful.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by go wild View Post
I'd recommend writing down your VIN# and calling the service dept of your local dealer. They should be able to quickly tell you every factory option that was supplied with your vehicle. I did that with my Jeep and it was quite helpful.
Will do- thank you!
brewsterivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #45

Hi etothepii, thanks for posting the mods on your 154bh. I am a new 154bh owner and waiting delivery in April. A few questions: 1. Where did you get the bumper carrier for your tote? 2. With the 154 so low, were you able to hook the tote up easily? 3. How did the sway bar work for you? Enjoy your camper this year.

:Canada:
TommyOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_2001 View Post
Didi it not already have one on it or were you just upgrading the factory unit? I know my 97 pathfinder has one but was thinking about replacing it with a larger unit. Maybe just wasted money?

James

Also do you think the waste water tank will rub on the camper and cause any damage

A pool noodle and bungee would make a great cusion for your tote against the trailer.

:Canada:
TommyOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #47

I haven't been on the forum much. Sorry to reply months later

1) The carrier is one half of a bumper mounted bicycle carrier. It was a freebie from a friend. With a hack saw and spray paint, I modified it to just the right size.
2.)Clearance isn't an issue. I had to mess around with how it was mounted a little, but it seems to be fine.
3.) As far as I can tell, the sway bar works fine. It's a cheap, Harbor Freight model. I'm not expert, but I can't tell any sway while towing. I had some reason for mounting it on the driver side, upside-down, but I can't remember now why I did it like that. Maybe it was to be away from the wiring? I don't know, but I chuckled at myself this spring when I looked at it.

Thanks for the interest. My family loves this camper, and I bet you love yours too!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #48

Welcome to the 154bh EXCLUSIVE club and the JOF
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote