Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Looking at 2017 Jay Flight 265RLSW

Hi Guys,
Well we started our search for a travel trailer. Looking for something in the 24'-26' range, queen size walk around bed etc. We would like to get out the door for $20,000 or less.
Today we seen a 2017 Jay Flight SLX 265RLSW. We really liked the floor plan and the two recliner chairs in the living room. Always just me, the wife and dog so we don't really need bedding in addition to the master bedroom.
The Jay Flight SLX series does have the wood constructed sidewalls with aluminum siding, but I am fine with that. Panels seem easy to repair if necessary. The roof trussing seems fine and the steel base frame is pretty standard.
The list price is ~$24,500 but I quickly got some quotes come in around $17,500.
I would appreciate anyone's experience with this model.
Also, there is a fabric versus vinyl/leather option at no additional cost. Anyone find one preferred over the other?
I don't think this unit has the wide stance axles, so any experience on how this unit tows would be of interest.

Thanks much,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #2

We just purchased the SLX245 RLSW. It is similar to the one you are looking at except is has a sofa where you have the chairs and it does have a long counter top next to the sink. It is just the wife,dog, and me as well. We love this one and the floor plan is perfect! It listed for about 24k and was purchsed right at 20k. It tows great with our Excursion and my F150. Good luck!

2017 JayFlight SLX 245RLSW

2003 Ford Excursion 7.3L Powerstroke
Mountain Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks much. That's helpful information. They look like good rigs.
Have a great time enjoying your new purchase.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Old 09-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #4

We purchased this model in 2011 and love it. We have it at the same campground for six months and store it outside during the winter north of Madison, Wi. It's held up well with only minor tweaks after our initial shake down in 2011.

We've slept 4 adults and 3 children several times and even spent a couple of rainy days inside comfortably with the same crew. The only major modification we've made is to ditch the original rear chairs. They were comfortable but we were at IKEA and fell in love with the Poang chairs. They are inexpensive, extremely comfortable, give support to your head when snoozing and allow storage underneath. Both chairs together we're about $250.

We added a foldable cover on top of the stove for additional counter space but other than a few new bulbs there haven't been any repairs needed. We also initially ordered the underfloor insulation and the larger A/C which seem well worth it. Good Luck!
Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks much. I thought maybe the 15, 000 A/C would be a good idea. If I do a build I'll be sure to add that. Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Old 09-11-2016, 07:01 AM   #6

We just purchased a 2017 267 Jay Flight BHSW we are in love with our unit, tows very easy and no warranty issues of any kind. We also added the foldable stove top cover for more counter space. Good Luck.
thevettemanx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy. Soumds like a great unit. I appreciate your information. Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2022 Jayco 240RBS