Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #1

Looking for a Whitehawk.

Ok so I think we have decided on a floor plan. We like the Whitehawk 25bhss. Seems to fit all our requirements and weight restrictions. However I can't find any. Plenty of people will order me one and I even have what I think is a good deal on 2016 custom built. But before I fork out that kind of money, I want to see one. Mainly I want to see the bath arrangement. I've learned its all in placement and angle of that toilet. The next TT will not be "I can live with it or I'll make do." It has to be right. I " can make do," with what I have. How old is this model? Can't find any used ones at all. Does anybody carry this on lots or are they built to order only?
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

We looked at two 25BHS's locally (Rochester, NY). I don't remember the exact bathroom layout, but if you take a look at the floor plans on Jayco's website, find another with the similar layout and see if you can find one to look at.

We ended up with the 28BHKS (also couldn't find one locally to view), and the large shower was a huge part of that decision! Happy hunting!
DuckHunterJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #3

Have you looked on RV Trader at all? Here is a link just in case:

New and Used JAYCO WHITE HAWK Travel Trailer For Sale On RV Trader

We were looking at that model as well. Did not find one locally either. The dealer showed us the Coleman and said it was the same although the toilet angle looks a bit different. This appears to only be a West Coast model.

http://dutchmen.com/coleman/floorpla.../?modelId=4293
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #4

I hope you find it and can see it real life before ordering. I glanced and the floor plan -- No Couch jumped right out at me. Our couch is a much better sitting spot than the dinette for us.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #5

I went through the same thing before ordering my 29QBS. Went to 5 different RV shows, including the Hershey "America's Largest RV show" show... couldn't find a single 29QBS. After 9 months of looking, finally found one and saw it IN PERSON.

I agree with you though... If I am dropping $21K on a trailer, I don't want to "settle". I wanted to make sure it would fit our (my wife's) needs. We love ours and are glad we chose it, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable pulling the trigger without being in one personally.

Keep looking, maybe even contact Jayco directly and see if they have shipped one somewhere local to you.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #6

As Country Mouse posted, there are some out there, if you don't mind a jaunt to PA or TX. Too bad you aren't here in Washington state, there are several here.

You might ask a nearby dealer if they have one on order and when it might arrive so you can have a look see.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:25 PM   #7

I agree with Spoon059, call Jayco directly. There you can get a hold of your regional sales manager who can help you locate one. I was lucky to find the Jayco model I wanted locally but the sales manager has still been very helpful with answering questions about the 2016 changes.

When I was shopping for a Keystone Outback there were none to be found around me. I got a hold of the regional sales rep and lo and behold not only was he able to find one that was going to be shipped locally he was able to offer an extra factory rebate to help make the sale. ;-)

I didn't end up getting that one as I was a bit too nervous about the weight and went with the lighter Jayco.
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:12 AM   #8

White Hawk Virtuak Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
We like the Whitehawk 25bhss. Seems to fit all our requirements and weight restrictions. ... Mainly I want to see the bath arrangement. I've learned its all in placement and angle of that toilet.
From my signature you can see we have this model, and I confirm it looks just like the virtual tour on the Jayco site.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #9

Thanks for the feedback. I've looked rv trader Craig's list and eBay. Found nothing remotely close. Before I drive all the way to Indiana or Iowa from eastern NC, I want to know it fits. I do like the idea if calling a jayco rep and see,if one is with 4-5 hours of me. Figure that's all I'll get the wife to ride for a look. That's Richmond to Charlotte to Myrtle Beach. I just wanna see one. Lack of a couch has hit me but we don't Really sit in it. By the time we crawl into the TT We are hitting the sack. When my tow limit I have to give up something. Wife's mandatory queen size bed. Both her and my mandatory has to have a useable bathroom. She absolutely refuses to use the bath house and I'm 6'5 so I have leg placement issues. Our current bath is very challenging for a gymnast of which we aren't. I want a slide out at least one for space and an outdoor kitchen. Bunkhouse is nice both for our son and storage but not required. And everything must come under a 6500lbs tow limit. This model hits it all. Think I'll call Jayco and have them find me one.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #10

Definitely find one to look at. We had many of the same requirements, minus the weight limit. I looked at a couple of 25bhs's, then looked at a Jay Flight 28bhbe with the full size shower. It sold me, and we ordered a 28bhks sight unseen.
DuckHunterJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #11

If you are going to travel ... go for the gusto!

Hehe, guess you need to make a trip to California ~ our dealer (Pan Pacific RV) has a couple (use the filters to find the Jayco White Hawks) in their inventory! What a round trip THAT would be!!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #12

There's a thought. We are actually going to Vegas and Yellowstone in June. Maybe I ought to look there.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:17 PM   #13

Just like Hattie, you can see by my signature, we have a 25BHS as well. It just so happened to be the bathroom that sold us. We went in understanding this to be our RV TT, and used for camping and hunting, so we don't expect nor want it to be like a house. When we saw the bathroom with the sink and medicine cabinet corner mounted and the angle of the toilet along with the space in the bathroom we were sold. There is actually enough room for both of us to be in the bathroom at the same time, and with the sink and vanity at the same angle, it makes utilizing the sink so much easier.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
When we saw the bathroom with the sink and medicine cabinet corner mounted and the angle of the toilet along with the space in the bathroom we were sold. There is actually enough room for both of us to be in the bathroom at the same time, and with the sink and vanity at the same angle, it makes utilizing the sink so much easier.
Something else people don't think about - STORAGE! DH refuses to drill holes or add Command hooks so I must be creative in coping. As the virtual tour shows, between the sink and tub/shower there are two "two-hook" hangers for LONG towels, at the sink counter there is one more for washcloths. The corner vanity holds surprisingly a lot - and we stash the hairdryer on top when at the campsite. The corner sink has storage under it that is also sufficient - I added a rack there to give me additional storage space for things like tp, cleaners, shampoo/rinse, extra supplies. For our personal products, we each have a plastic shoebox with lid that can be stacked on the bathroom floor or stored in the sleeping area. There is also room for a small waste basket. The shower/tub is of good size (DH is 6'-1"); he added a water shut-off and I added a shower splash guard on the left side. The toilet is well-sized and with plenty of knee room. That said, where the CG has good facilities - we use that so we don't have to use the dump-stations as frequently.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #15

Quote:
There's a thought. We are actually going to Vegas and Yellowstone in June. Maybe I ought to look there.
I'm a California native, ancestors came during the Gold Rush era and many were in SF during the 1906 earthquake. It is a great place to visit. If you are looking for a unique California trip tied-in with any of the Pan Pacific RV locations (cuz they have a TT you want) ... here are a few hints for enjoying their locales:
  1. Sacramento: make it a gold rush trip, visit Sutter's Mill (where the first nugget was found), Sacramento's Old Town and stay on the paddle-wheeler (Delta King hotel), travel down Hwy 49 to see all the old towns (Columbia is a real treat), and at the bottom of Hwy 49 you are so close to the southern entrance of Yosemite! Campgrounds abound.
  2. French Creek: Delta life - fishing, waterskiing, and interesting sights. We always find our Stockton RV location VERY relaxing and you can fish from your RV!
  3. Morgan Hill: Near a Camping World, close to beach camping (30 minutes over the coastal range), and not too far from San Francisco ~ take the 90-min train ride from San Jose to SF ~ use the ride up to plan the day and the ride back to rest, you can bring/eat food on the train! 3-4 day trips and you'll see the highlights (Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, Chinatown, Union Square, Golden Gate Park and museums, etc.); public transportation in SF is great and walking is easy (and healthy).

Old 04-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I've looked rv trader Craig's list and eBay. Found nothing remotely close. Before I drive all the way to Indiana or Iowa from eastern NC, I want to know it fits. I do like the idea if calling a jayco rep and see,if one is with 4-5 hours of me. Figure that's all I'll get the wife to ride for a look. That's Richmond to Charlotte to Myrtle Beach. I just wanna see one. Lack of a couch has hit me but we don't Really sit in it. By the time we crawl into the TT We are hitting the sack. When my tow limit I have to give up something. Wife's mandatory queen size bed. Both her and my mandatory has to have a useable bathroom. She absolutely refuses to use the bath house and I'm 6'5 so I have leg placement issues. Our current bath is very challenging for a gymnast of which we aren't. I want a slide out at least one for space and an outdoor kitchen. Bunkhouse is nice both for our son and storage but not required. And everything must come under a 6500lbs tow limit. This model hits it all. Think I'll call Jayco and have them find me one.
When we decided on our 2014 WH 30dsre we wanted to put our eyes on one before ordering. Found one about 75 miles away but not the options we wanted and the dealer wouldn't dicker on the price. Said it was to late to order one [end of 2013 model year]. Like the model and ordered from the dealer near the Jayco plant in Middlebury. Only 6 weeks from order and delivery so gave me time to get my Keystone sold. Ended up coming in as a 2014 at same price.

Order what you want from an online dealer unless a local dealer will match or get close to the price. Local dealer service for a TT you bought elsewhere is overrated, but that has been argued on other threads.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
When we decided on our 2014 WH 30dsre we wanted to put our eyes on one before ordering. Found one about 75 miles away but not the options we wanted and the dealer wouldn't dicker on the price. Said it was to late to order one [end of 2013 model year]. Like the model and ordered from the dealer near the Jayco plant in Middlebury. Only 6 weeks from order and delivery so gave me time to get my Keystone sold. Ended up coming in as a 2014 at same price.

Order what you want from an online dealer unless a local dealer will match or get close to the price. Local dealer service for a TT you bought elsewhere is overrated, but that has been argued on other threads.
The one I got the "DEAL"on is a place up in Indiana, Rvexpress. 30% off msrp. Coworker turned me on to them. They knocked 40k off his 43 foot voltage 5th wheel. I have no problem driving to get it. I just want to make sure that's what we want before buying.