Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #1

Mounting TV Jay Feather Sport 165

Purchased 2011 Jay Feather Sport-165. Has anyone mounted a TV? If so, could you tell me where and what type of mount you used? Want something permanent. Also looking for interior dimentions of trailer Length & Width.
Thanks
Colorado03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Colorado03! Our tv came with our G2 but there are other members who have added one and will help ya out. Congrats on the new tt! Have you done your maiden voyage yet?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #3

We place our flat screen TV on counter, just to right of the sink. All hook ups are in that area. We do have to pack away the TV when underway.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Our camper arrived at dealer today. Asked the owner if he had any ideas but he was stumped. At this stage will have to put on counter. When we do dishes will have to move. Still trying to figure out where to put my Sat receiver. I have plenty of time to figure it out. Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #5

We just bought a 2010 165 and mounted a tv yesterday...the mount is on the side of the cabinet above the sink, is that what you were thinking?...it is a full motion mount with a tv/dvd combo that is 13.3 inch screen...we can move it to see the tv even from the bed!
jbarck1648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #6

jbarck, can you tell us the make and model no. of the mount ?

After I saw your post I zipped up to Walmart and bought a bracket -
Sanus Vuepoint
Model no. F107
full - motion
tilt and swivel tv wall mount

Does not work; arm is not long enough.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #7

Smile

jbarack,

Could you take some pictures of where and how you mounted tv. Did you re-enforce the bracket inside the cabinet? Are you able to secure the TV when traveling or do you have to remove? Type of bracket and model. Where did you purchase mount? I pick up my new TT Monday morning. Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #8

we bought the tv and wall mount at hhgregg....here's a link to the product:http://www.omnimount.com/Product/Fla...0C/...it's an omni nc03c small cantilever wall mount. it is just screwed into the cabinet my husband will probably bolt it in and we do plan on securing it with bungy cords while traveling. We just picked up our camper last weekend and are going on our maiden voyage next weekend...will let you know how we make out.
not sure how to attach pictures...will try to figure that out as well.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #9

Any report on your first trip with TV Bracket on your new JayFeather Sport 165?

The more I look at that cabinet mounting area the more uncomfortable I am with its holding power. The cabinet is held to TT wall with just screws. And the side panel of cabinet is very thin. What I have put there is a paper towl rack. But this could change.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #10

Smile

Muelldawg,

I had the same concern about mounting TV to cabinet. I found a wooden bread box at Target which fits on the counter on the right side of the sink. It is high enought to keep tv from getting splashed. I put some anti-skid tabs on bottom of box so it won't slide. I have both my Directv reciver and 19" Vizio TV stacked on the bread box. Put skid tabs on receiver and tv. Very steady. I plan on taking down tv, receiver and bread box when traveling. Have quick disconnects on tv and receiver. In Colorado we do alot of dry camping in the mountains. I must have Sat tv. I have a 200-watt power inverter which I use. Works great. Tv and sat receiver only pull 50-watts. I had dealer install series 27 battery which gives me plenty of battery. Going to fill water tank this week and hope to make first trip first of next week.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #11

I have a 2009 Jay Feather Sport 197 which is similar to the 165 but a little longer with a u-shaped dinette, but otherwise the same layout. I have a Toshiba 19-inch TV/DVD combo (19CV100U) and I didn't mount it as I was worried about all the jostling around during travel. My wife made a padded slipcover for it and we set it down on the bed when we travel and it rides there just fine. Sure, that means that I have to put it up on top of the fridge and connect the cable and plug it in when we are at the campsite, but that is just part of our setup ritual. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

During the winter months we bring it inside anyway and put it on a table in front of the treadmill so, for me, it would be more of a nuisance if it were mounted.

I look forward to hearing how other folks have made out with mounting theirs.
Beau (Hound mix)
----------------------------
2015 Jay Flight Swift SLX 185RB
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL
JayRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #12

the tv/mount was fine with traveling (our first trip was about an hour and 15 minutes drive time one way)...we did secure it from around the tv to the cabinet handle with a bungy cord while driving...it is a small tv: 13.3 inches probably no more that 4 lbs...message me your email and i'll send you pictures. my husband is very cautious he wouldn't have mounted it this way if he thought it would be a problem...so far/so good!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #13

On my swift right as you walk in there is a counter where the tv is supposed to sit. There is an overhang on the counter so I plan on putting a desk mount lcd arm. I can swivel it toward the dinette or against the back wall and face the little seating area. It can be easily taken down for travel.

James
95 Starcraft 1021 (sold)
2011 Jayco Swift 184
waldo_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote