Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #1

N 154bh owner....

Hello:
I have finally purchased Jayco 154bh, after thinking about all the pros and cons of owning a travel trailer and using the current tow vehicle (Toyota Sienna). I am waiting for delivery in the next week and we are very much excited about it.

I was wondering if some other 154bh owners have installed a tv in the trailer? If so can you please guide me as to how it can be done, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #2

we have the 2012 184 and as of yet have not decided on a location for the tv. each permanent spot we choose seems to be in the way of something else. we use ours very little as its just the wife and i and if weather permits we choose to be outside. we have a small folding table like a tv tray that we put the tv on, that way we can sit where ever we want and still see the tv.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #3

Good luck with the new TT.

2016 JayFlight X23F
11 Expedition EL
4 Girls under 8 yrs old
1 Wife
1 Dog
2 guinea pigs that stay home...
cbaka27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #4

Yea, Congrats on the new tt. Have fun on the maiden voyage
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #5

Maiden voyage

We have a trip planned for the May long weekend, and both of us are very excited about it. Thank you all for the best wishes, will post my 1st experience of rving....
Newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #6

dont forget to add pics too!!
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post
Hello:
I have finally purchased Jayco 154bh, after thinking about all the pros and cons of owning a travel trailer and using the current tow vehicle (Toyota Sienna). I am waiting for delivery in the next week and we are very much excited about it.

I was wondering if some other 154bh owners have installed a tv in the trailer? If so can you please guide me as to how it can be done, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Congratulations on your new camper. We bought a 154BH last fall, and my son and I will be heading out for our 6th trip in it this weekend. Thus far, everything has worked perfectly. I do wish it had a little larger gray water storage tank, since most the places we stay don't have sewer hook-ups.

As far as the TV installation goes, we just bought a small 19" LCD/DVD combo and set it on the TV shelf area. When moving I just lay it on one of the bunk beds. There's not a whole lot of space/options, and the 19" TV works fine for us since you really can't get that far away from the TV anyway in the camper.

Kurt
tr4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #8

We have a 184 hb and do the same thing as tr4driver - just have 19inch combo we use. Also, I loaded a bunch of stuff on our ipad for the little ones to watch a show in morning if we eat breakfst in camper but we watch very little tv when camping.

Another tip, on the small grey water tank issue. We bought two 7 gallon blue jugs from wal-mart (in auto / camper section) and just drain grey tank in those if needed and run to the dump spot in campground with our car.

Happy camping - we just started last year and are having a blast - tons of great info on this site.
bench724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #9

Here's how I did it in mine. I used a wall mount to mount the 20" TV. Pretty straightforward.
Attached Thumbnails
TV1.jpg   TV2.jpg  
JimboC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboC View Post
Here's how I did it in mine. I used a wall mount to mount the 20" TV. Pretty straightforward.
Great job! LQQks good!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron View Post
Hello:

We bought our 154BH last Spring. We bring a 22" TV. We were pleased to find that pocket next to the Stereo System fits most compact DVD players. The cables can be concealed nicely via 2" holes with grommets through the countertop and stereo cavity. Is yours finished? Pictures available?
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #12

We had the 184BH and could never decide on where to mount the television. Always wanted to buy one of these though
http://www.amazon.com/Coby-KTFDVD156...d_sim_sbs_e_10
... could be an option.
Or
since we have the television already, thought about buying something like this
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Cabi.../dp/B00153U1Z0
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote