Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
OK here's an oldie but goodie (as far as visuals). Funny to watch, but I still feel bad for the guy...

That was great! I'm almost in tears laughing from that one....Too funny!
FoCoNoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #22

Quote:
OK here's an oldie but goodie (as far as visuals). Funny to watch, but I still feel bad for the guy...
OH! That is how SmokerBill got his nickname?? lol...sorry Bill - could not resist!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #23

Went out again a couple weeks ago for a weekend, about 300km trip. The Sienna towed flawlessly again. I kept speeds down to 55-60mph/90-100km range this time. There was no gear shifting except on a hill or two it shifted down one and it held the speed just fine with headwind and lesser hills. It was on a hotter day i noticed a lot less foot area heat than before at 60-65mpg/100-110km range. And i got 15l/100km or 15-16 mpg this time, thats a huge drop in fuel consumption :hihi: this was a lot nicer to see at the pumps, and comparable to city winter driving.

Big trip this weekend to mt Rushmore for a week or 2, be about a 3000km/1800mile ish triangular trip with an excursion to Minneapolis . This is the big test. I think i have the needed items / wanted items / and nice to haves narrowed down for this big trip. I will be going all tanks empty, and no food (food much cheaper in the states, and some issues at the border). So weight will be down. Coming back after the outlet malls will be a different story...

Im putting on stabilizer C jacks on the front this week, similar to the rear ones because i find there is bounce in the front end when camping. I was thinking some triangular type jacks, but got an awesome price on 4 C jacks on ebay with the bit for a drill, so ill replace the back two as well.

Im loven this trailer, and my dreams for a huge rig have subsided a lot.
Zector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #24

I have a Mitsubishi Outlander XLS (6 Cylinder) that I am going to use to tow my new 2012 184BH. I am picking it up in 3 weeks and thanks to your experiance I have asked them to add a WD hitch and front jacks. Thank you.
Curt Discovery Brake Controller

Previous Trailer:
2008 Viking 1906UD Tent Trailer (2009-2011)
bender031177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Thanks healthi, I needed a little midday comic relief .
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #26

I also had GNR add front jacks to my new 184bh. Service thought I was crazy but they sure make a great difference. I also have the WD hitch and think it was money well spent
MJ from Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #27

We just bought a new 2014 184BH. Picked it up and immediately went out on a 4200km trip from BC to Disneyland and back!
No sway bars, no weight distribution. It towed beautifully with our 2004 Chrysler Pacifica! No problems going over the huge hills into California, any that's done the drive know the ones I mean.
Our one surprise was the MPG's. Last year we did the exact same trip with our tent trailer that is the same weight as the 184BH; a 1998 StarCraft SpaceMaster with a slide out. With the tent trailer we averaged 16.5 MPG. With the drag of the 184BH we averaged 11 MPG! Yuck.
Other than the low MPG and the leaking front window it was an amazing trip. Yup, you read that correctly...the front window in our brand new trailer was leaking in the rain.
We pulled in to sleep in Oregon after driving through a rain storm and the bench, wall, floor and bedding were all soaked! OMG! We were devastated. This was one of the reasons we bought a real TT and moved away from our tent trailer. We were sick of moisture issues.
The good news: We took it back to the dealership, Traveland in Langley, BC and spoke to them about the leak and few deficiencies we had noted. The manager there agreed instantly that this was unacceptable and they took the trailer back into their inventory to fix and do what they needed to with it and ordered us a brand new 2015 trailer! Those guys are amazing. They completely gained our trust back instantly.
Happy camping everyone!
Cdncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #28

Well, I too have a Sienna (2014) and will add my 2 cents. The short is I tow a X19H that is 3500# prior to gear. I figure I am around 4000# loaded, plus or minus 100# (I will weigh it this year). It tows great. Has the WDH and additional lift from AirLift 1000. With regards to towing with a uni-body, the Highlander has the same motor and same trans as the Sienna. It's rated at 5000# and is also a Uni-body. The Sienna has a lower center of gravity (sits lower) and has a wider stance. So I feel safe towing what I am towing.

Then there's this guy...if he can tow that (7500#)....I'm good!

The Toadmobile - The Toads of Towed Haul
AirLift 1000 Suspension
MrScary is offline   Reply With Quote