Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

New 2015 DSBH

We took delivery on Friday, had some issues with the water heater so after 3 hours they fixed the problem. We did a walk through but it was kinda dark and getting late. On Saturday we opened it up and cleaned the unit. Noticed a couple of nails sticking out of the wood work. Lots of nails and staples with no filler. A couple of scratched cabinets. A dime sized hole in the leather couch where the Velcro strip is located for the cushion. Rear bathroom door step part of the paint is peeling off. On the slide out I noticed towards the front there is a bolt that hangs down and the hacked part of the lower trim ( I am guessing for clearance). We also noticed when the slide was brought back inside of the unit the right and left side stick up off the floor a couple of inches? Not sure if this is normal? Probably will call on Monday to have the issues looked at. Any one else notice any quality issues with their Jayhawk? Other than those items the unit work fine. It was 95deg and full sun on Sat, the 13500 air conditioner did run all day and the inside was comfortable, not cold.
crtc_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #2

Doesn't sound like anything major but none the less, things that shouldn't be there on a new trailer.

Our dealer has a CG on site that they want you to stay in when you take delivery (included in purchase and part of the PDI). We plan to stay and go through everything. They will fix anything the next day before taking it home.

Good luck and hope it all is fine.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #3

Nothing major, I guess I expected better quality control from a Jayco.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #4

As for the slide sticking up a couple of inches, I believe that is normal, as all 3 of my slides do that. I am always surprised when I read about owners finding such things. Mine was perfect for what I could see. Did have one issue where water leaked behind the faucet onto the floor. Factory forgot to caulk. I purchased mine from a small dealer. Maybe they go over them real well upon arrival and before placing them for display.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #5

Welcome White Hawk Friend.

I wouldn't tolerate the QC issues. We pay too much for these things for them not to be a near to perfect as possible. I purchased a used 2012 29DSBH this year that had been used one season. It has some QC issues which my dealership fixed all of them - some not so well that I repaired to better quality than the factory.

It it were me I would make them fix everything. Make a punch list. As far as the slide, yes, it sticks up on both ends when it is in.
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies. I planned on calling Jayco direct on Monday. I am assuming the will direct me to a Jayco dealer for repairs? I do agree, this thing was too much for QC issues and it seems mine missed the QC line that day.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #7

Good luck. Welcome neighbor, we are not too far from you in Illinois. Enjoy your White Hawk. We love ours; however, there are some QC issues that, if you are handy, you can do better repairs than factory. May see you around - we camp in MI a lot.
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #8

I noticed a few similar issues with ours mostly small things but I had a screw work it's way through the side of my trailer through the siding.... Spent most of the winter getting repaired but as it turns out it was from the wardrobe and now that it's been fixed you can't notice...... I do have issues with my front decals peeling off... I've owned my 28dsbh just over a year now... Love the trailer otherwise