Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2016, 04:31 AM   #1

New 27DSRL question

Just brought home our new 27DSRL last night and started familiarizing myself with some of it. Here's what I came across. Is there a switch somewhere for the outside refrigerator to shut it off or does it run whenever it is plugged in to 110. I could not locate a way to shut it off. I don't want it to run when it is not being used. Thanks
bradw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM   #2

Yes, it is behind the refrigerator. If you are facing the refrigerator it will probably be in the upper right hand side in the back of the refrigerator. If you were looking at the refrigerator from the rear it will probably be in the upper left hand side. I recommend using a small mirror to help you locate the switch. You can adjust the temperature of the refrigerator with the switch and you can turn the refrigerator completely off using the switch. Good luck with your new 27DSRL. I'm sure you will enjoy it!
Old 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM   #3

It runs when plugged in there is no switch.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #4

I bought a heavy duty strip plug with an on/off switch and plugged the refrigerator into it. i also mounted the strip plug to the wall.
Evergreen9600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #5

All of you are right here. There is a switch on the back side but you can't get to it because the refrigerator is mounted and you can't get your hand back there. So I am going to do the same thing and mount a heavy cord with a switch on it. Sorta poor designing.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen9600 View Post
I bought a heavy duty strip plug with an on/off switch and plugged the refrigerator into it. i also mounted the strip plug to the wall.
Is there a fuse/cb just for that small refrigerator? If why not pullo that and use the fuze/cb as a switch? that panel is very accesible!Just a question? Skyking
Skyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #7

After further investigation, I found that if you reach around the "divider" that separates the fridge from the actual storage area, to the back of the fridge, you can reach a round knob that adjust the temperature as well as turns it on or off. It is located towards the bottom on the right as you look at it. You just have to sort of feel around for it. It prolly says that in the manual, but you know us guys, we seem to already know that sort of thing, lol.