Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
Thanx to Bruce and Terry, I spent the afternoon under the trailer. Went to HD and got the split plastic tubing, 1/2 inch dia and encased all the wiring under the trailer. Tie wrapped the tanks sensor wires up and out of the way too.

This probably is something that would take a assembly line person less than 30 minutes to do. Not expensive material wise either. It took two bags, less than 14 feet total to do this. Price per bag was less than $3. Looks better/neater under there and definitely will reduce the chances of snagging.

LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
Undercarrage clearance.

Thanks for the tip using a string to check valve clearance, I will check it tomorrow. I am very happy with the 184BH. I am a retired Aerospace design engineer and get caught up with details often. I just thought it would have been common sence to keep loose sensor wires protected from the elements. I don't expect the manufacturer to dress the wires as we would on a fighter jet, just keep em out of harms way from road debris. I have to use two, 2 x 10 pieces of lumber when I get to the end of my driveway to reduce the dip, otherwise I would rip the plumbing off the black water tank!

brucef15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #13
Tank Wires

I like that idea of the tubing for the tank sensor wires. I'd noticed them being loose but with worrying about learning how to tow, I'd forgotten about them. We leave on our first trip this week and I'm going to tie those wires up before departing.

2014 Eagle 284BHBE
Brian & Marie (Granddad and Nana)
FlyingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote