Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #1

New Ultralight - White Hawk

Just read this press release from Jayco:

http://www.jayco.com/pdfs/press_release_file_3.pdf

I haven't been able to find any photos or floor plans yet online.
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #2

Found this -- looks nice.

Attached Thumbnails
WhiteHawk.jpg  
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #3

First difference noticed between 29L and 29SQB: U-shaped dinette in SQB, no bar like in 29L. (Mrs SDV1975 noticed that).

Found this at a dealer's site: http://www.gillettesinterstaterv.com...hopmdeptid=122
SDV1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #4

Just looked at the 29SQB as a potential upgrade. Not impressed by quality at all. Outdoor kitchen is very cheap, just a plastic bin for sink that isn't plumbed - just a big bowl that you have to dump onto the ground. Inside, the couch/cushions felt cheap. Decent layout on the kitchen. Master bedroom area is fine, although tv from living room doesn't swivel around like some other models out there. The bathroom is laid out very well, nice linen closet & vanity. Bathroom is probably best part of the camper due to storage. Main living area, eh. Some nice little decorative features, but they decreased the size of the cabinets over the couch in favor of an overhead light; they put some nice overhead lighting in the kitchen and added an electrical outlight (which the 29L, the Jay Feather predecessor to this model, lacked). The bunkhouse has 4 full bunks, but they reduced the storage area in favor of the cheap outdoor kitchen.

Overall, not impressed enough to buy it even though my dealer is offering an excellent deal. Look for yourself, but I was disappointed and will be looking at the Eagle Superlite 304BHK for (hopefully) better quality.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #5

First of all SDV - welcome to the forum! If you get a chance, come on over to the new member forum and introduce yourself.

Have not seen that line yet in person. Do you think it was more of bad quality or just basic amenities because of the price point? I see Jayco trying to add some inexpensive "bells and whistles" that are pretty cool but not nearly as well made as some of the more expensive lines.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #6

I noticed them on the Jayco website the other day. The front should let the air pass over and not push it ahead of the trailer when towing.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #7

Hi tafische - thanks for the welcome, I'll definitely jump over to the new members forum.

My take is that they tried to add a lot of amenities, but in trying to strike a balance between LOTS of amenities, light weight, and price point, they've done themselves a bit of a disservice. Personally, I'd rather see fewer amenities and better quality on the important stuff, than lots of cheap stuff just to say I have all these things. Maybe I was jaded going in... I had recently checked out a KZ Spree and a Keystone Cougar Xlite (as well as an Evergreen Everlite - all I can say about those are WOW, really cool). All were much nicer than the White Hawk, not even close. But as I mentioned in my first post, I think the Eagle Superlite is closer to those in terms of materials, quality and price. I just think Jayco was dropping down a level in terms of the White Hawk line. I'd put it as more of an entry-level quality than a long-term product solution. As I mentioned, the outdoor kitchen was kind of a joke compared to the others; the couch wasn't even comfortable, all foam pieces instead of the plush cushion in the back of the couch (my 19H has a better J-Steel sofa than the White Hawk); same comments on the U-shape dinette; all of the fixtures in the White Hawk felt flimsy compared to the others. I saw remnants of final construction all over the trailer (sawdust, loose fittings & fixtures, etc). It looked rushed, not as much attention to detail as you'd expect.

I hate coming on here and ripping the White Hawk because it may be perfect for some people. I was just disappointed and maybe expected too much? It just doesn't have the feel of high-end or even mid-high end. For anyone that does buy one, I hope I turn out to be wrong and you get years of enjoyment. Bottom line, let's hope for a fast winter and get back to camping!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #8

Steve, I totally agree with what you've said. I have not seen the trailer but have read the promos on it and thought the same. It made me think they were trying to copy the trailer called Sunset trail. ( ?). I looked at it prior to buying our jayco. It seemed like a well built trailer which had borrowed ideas Jayco had on their trailers except for the fancy bronze color. I don't like it when the quality drops from one year to the next. Things should be built well from the start and then improved upon over time.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote