Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1

New White Hawk Model? 33BHBS

This TT model does not show up yet on the Jayco products website yet many dealers are getting them in stock. Of course Jayco is still only listing 2013's with the exception of one product line.
Click image for larger version

Name:	whitehawk33bhbs.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	9969

Name:	33BHBS.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	9970

That's one long trailer. I like how long the awning is on it without a slideout to take up covered space under the awning. A towing dream....or a towing nightmare. I'd have to start turning in Texas to line up for a gas pump here in Oregon.

Anybody have one yet. What do you think?
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #2

I looked at this floor plan 2 weeks ago at my dealership. It really is a nice setup. I have 1 main issue with it... the main door opens up and does not fold up against the trailer. It sticks straight out and is on a piston. I like the door to open all the way.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #3

nice floorplan but I agree...that is one LOOONGGG trailer
Old 09-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #4

Would like to have that awning on my 28dsbh.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #5

Just took our White Hawk 33BHBS on it's maiden voyage. Unfortunately now I have to put it to bed for the winter. Not enough time to take it out again.

It is a long trailer, but it tows great. It's at the upper end of my truck's rating, but even with this it tows fine. No sway at all up to 70 mph. I tried to keep between 60 and 65 mph as this is my first time towing. It backs up great too. I think this is because it is so long. I have to back it up our 300+ foot driveway. I'm not perfect but I made it.

What I love:

- The back bedroom for me and the DW
- The outside Kitchen
- The LED awning light
- The stairs going to the front double over double bunks (no need for a ladder).
- The dual pantry storage (family with food alergies so taking our food is a must)
- The back door to the master bedroom
- Good storage
- The U shape dinette instead of just the booth. (all 5 of us can sit and eat at the same time)
- Tons of interior storage

Things to note:

- I think Jayco is figuring out how to match the arched roof to the rounded front of the trailer. There is a "depression" in the front of the trailer where it meets the roof. I would guess this is becuase of the two rounded surfaces meeting at the roofline. I'm going to ask the dealer about this to make sure it is just cosmetic or if it needs to be taken care of.
- I agree with the main door not opening flat. The bottom edge is sharp and I've alread removed one knuckle. Also the shock is too strong and the door flings open too fast. If it is not shut all the way it just flys open whenever it wants to. You need to make sure the door is latched, but with 3 kids this doesn't always happen.
- The back bedroom door to the bathroom was not framed square so the door does not shut (adding to the dealer punch list).
- A little issue getting the black tank to dump and now there seems to be liquid in the elbow beneath the toilet. You can't see the tank from the toilet only a 90° elbow. I'm going to try and figure that one out this weekend. It seems "things" were getting hung up on the BT valve. Lots of water and chemical but it did eventually dump, but I can't get it comepletely cleaned out. After flushing 5 times, I was still seeing "things" going by in the clear fitting. I don't know if this is normal or not. My first dump!!

Other than that, the trailer is great. Lots of room, everything works, kids love it and best of all my DW didn't say "I never going camping again" so that is a big win!!.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2023 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7l 3.31
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73 (sold)
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #6

Name:	IMAG1612.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	10261Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1620.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	10262

Here are some pics from our first trip. Definately liked the fact that we had most of the campground to ourselves being late in the season and no bugs!!

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
Old 10-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #7

Hey Tim,

Thanks for posting in such great detail. I really like the set up but since we dont have the kids at home anymore the 30dsre was perfect for us.

The best thing on yours I like was they way they eliminated the need for a ladder in the bunks and the outdoor kitchen.

Does yours habe more thank one gray dump valve. When we were looking at many of these longer TT's with outdoor kitchens we noticed a few with 2 dump valves or 3 tank flush gates. Our first time out last week in ours put our dump valve 20'3" from the sewar - I had to use an extra sewer valve I just happended to have on hand to bridge tbe gap. Right after that I made sure to pick up an additional 10' sewar hose so now I have 30' total stored in the rear bumper.

Your rig has excellent storage. I wish mine offered more outside storage or added outside doors to the dinette seats/slideout section. Its all good.

I just love how these tow. I use two anti sway bars with my WDH and no sway at all. While my Silverado 1500 is up to specs to tow our TT we also have a quad and cannot put it in the truck bed w/o being over our limit so eventually we will move up to a 3/4 ton.

Anks for posting the pics. Your the first ones I think that posted on here as owning this model.

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
Old 10-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

That's a great looking rig.
Congratulations.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #9

Wow I like that one, not sure if i'm very keen on the 3 windows in the master suite though
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjohneyre View Post
Hey Tim,

Does yours habe more thank one gray dump valve. When we were looking at many of these longer TT's with outdoor kitchens we noticed a few with 2 dump valves or 3 tank flush gates. Our first time out last week in ours put our dump valve 20'3" from the sewar - I had to use an extra sewer valve I just happended to have on hand to bridge tbe gap. Right after that I made sure to pick up an additional 10' sewar hose so now I have 30' total stored in the rear bumper.

Anks for posting the pics. Your the first ones I think that posted on here as owning this model.
Stjohneyre,

We have 3 dump valves and 1 outlet. 2 - 22 gallon grey tanks, 1 - 30 gallon black tank, 40 gallon fresh water tank. They say this is a new hot water heater that has an 18 Gal/hr recovery. We had 3 showers in the morning and no one ran out of hot water. The girls with the long hair take longer and still no issues.

I've got 20' of sewer hose. The camping spot we had was really wierd. We had to park on top of the sewer connection and ran the hose under the trailer. This was the only way to get the trailer in to open the awning. It was a 50' x 90' spot, but with the trees and the location of the utilities, it was a tight squeeze.

I just dumped the black tank this afternoon after putting water and more chemical in after we left the campground and everything came out ok, so I hope I don't have any lingering issues.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Wow I like that one, not sure if i'm very keen on the 3 windows in the master suite though
2 windows, 1 big one at the back, 1 at the head of the bed. There is a window in the door, so I guess this counts. The shades work pretty good and both the back and side windows open.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #12

Tim, I agree - the quick recovery water heater is awesome. Someone posted recently that if you run both the electric and gas heaters at the same time it is equal to a 10 gal water heater. When I took the first shower in our TT I realized the shower wand did not have an on/off button to pause the water flow (have since added one for less than $5), I reluctantly took a shower with the water constantly running and never ran out of hot water. Thats a first for me.

Regarding dumping your black water, did you use the tank flush feature that came with your TT? I use a clear piece of pipe that I attach to the dump valve that lets me see the 'contents' as I'm dumping the tanks. It does take a very long time of flushing in order to see all last bits of debris and tissue get flushed out. Regarding the elbow joint under the stool, as long as you flush enough clean water down down, that should be good.

Good job being creative in hooking up your sewar hose under the trailer.

St. John

Old 10-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #13

Also, after emptying the tanks at the end of a trip we put fresh chemical in the black tank with 5 gal of water and keep it stored that way until the next trip. We belive the enzymes break down any remaining stuff left in the tank and helps to promote rinsing the tank and sensors on the ride home.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #14

One more thing I forgot to note.....I hope Jayco reads this Forum!!

The back door to the bedroom on the 33BHBS is about 1/2" too close to the slide. If you by off chance forget to close the door before pulling the slide in or out, the trim on the slide will catch the door latch. Don't ask my how I know. It's just cosmetic, but really!! just a fraction more clearance and there would be no problem. Not an intelegent design.

Let's just say, I always check the door before I move the slide now!

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #15

Im confused. How does the slide have the possibility of touching your exterior door. The door swings outward and the slide is on the opposite wall of the door.

Do you mean the awning or are you talking about an interior door?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #16

stjohneyre, I have the same problem with my black tank, have to flush it 3 or 4 times before it's cleaned out
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #17

A bit off topic but since we are talking about toilet stuff.....I recently watched a Youtube video dealing with RV toilets & low water pressure. This results in poor water swirling to clean the bowl and some 'stuff' remaining attached to the bowl (sorry, I'm trying to be delicate here). We now keep a small spray bottle under the bathroom sink and squirt away anything left stuck on the bowl. It was a great tip so I just wanted to throw it out there.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Im confused. How does the slide have the possibility of touching your exterior door. The door swings outward and the slide is on the opposite wall of the door.

Do you mean the awning or are you talking about an interior door?
StJohneyre,

I'm talking about the door from the front of the trailer to the back bedroom (interior door). Just a little more clearance and there would be no problem. I've already noticed some differences between my trailer and the new picutures on the Jayco website, so maybe they already made a small change and I've just got one the of the first off the line. Actually, compared to the pictures on their website, I like mine better :-)

Quote:
A bit off topic but since we are talking about toilet stuff.....I recently watched a Youtube video dealing with RV toilets & low water pressure. This results in poor water swirling to clean the bowl and some 'stuff' remaining attached to the bowl (sorry, I'm trying to be delicate here). We now keep a small spray bottle under the bathroom sink and squirt away anything left stuck on the bowl. It was a great tip so I just wanted to throw it out there.
Great tip, I'm going to do that. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much pressure you have, some things just hang on!! :-).

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #19

Reminds me of a joke...

QWhat does the USS Enterprise and toilet paper have in common?

AThey both circle around Uranus in search of klingons.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Reminds me of a joke...

QWhat does the USS Enterprise and toilet paper have in common?

AThey both circle around Uranus in search of klingons.
Just read that joke and told it to DW. You and I are both in trouble now!!
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote