Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #21

I like that floorplan Paul213, especially if that is a bike storage entrance at the bunk section.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx213 View Post
Another good one to look at is...

http://m.jayco.com/php/products/floo...id=2479&id=462

It was our second choice. Murphy bed was cool and you get a couch (although not at the same time) and it has bunks. For us the X213 won for its cheaper price and lighter weight.
I would have gotten this model hands down if it wasn't pushing up against my truck's capabilities. I could have towed this, but I like a healthy allowance of extra capacity in pretty much everything I buy.
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #23

It is a very nice model, but like the others said.....too heavy. Thanks anyway
Grumpymom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #24

I'm new to the forum. I love your topic. We currently have a 165, but are quickly outgrowing it. We are also considering the X213, 228 and the 22FB. I love the bunk idea. Making up beds every night for 2 kids gets old pretty quick. We have a Envoy- which most likely won't be able to pull any of these. We have recently refurbished an old full sized Blazer. We haven't tried pulling anything with it yet, but are hoping it tows okay. Good luck on your search.
JessiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #25

We love our x213...having the couch was a big thing for us....not having one in our previous pup was sometimes frustrating when you just wanted a place to sit or lie down..?.we use the side bunk door to load our camping gear. It was the only layout we liked that worked for us when we were at the RV show.
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiL View Post
I'm new to the forum. I love your topic. We currently have a 165, but are quickly outgrowing it. We are also considering the X213, 228 and the 22FB. I love the bunk idea. Making up beds every night for 2 kids gets old pretty quick. We have a Envoy- which most likely won't be able to pull any of these. We have recently refurbished an old full sized Blazer. We haven't tried pulling anything with it yet, but are hoping it tows okay. Good luck on your search.
Thank you!! My husband thinks I'm crazy to not even consider anything that wouldn't have a set bed for everyone. I just hate the idea of having to set up every night and tear down every morning. It's suppose to be a vacation. At least I know I'm not alone. Hope you find something that works for you. Let us know what you decide. We are not quite ready to buy, just starting our research to buy in about 6 months or so.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
We love our x213...having the couch was a big thing for us....not having one in our previous pup was sometimes frustrating when you just wanted a place to sit or lie down..?.we use the side bunk door to load our camping gear. It was the only layout we liked that worked for us when we were at the RV show.
The couch is a nice feature.

Those of you who own the X213 and have a family of 4 do you feel like you have enough storage space? The bunk area storage is great for loading up, but once the bed is in use do you have a place to store everything? Clothes, kitchen stuff, etc.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpymom73 View Post
The couch is a nice feature.

Those of you who own the X213 and have a family of 4 do you feel like you have enough storage space? The bunk area storage is great for loading up, but once the bed is in use do you have a place to store everything? Clothes, kitchen stuff, etc.
I have plenty of space but then my family of 4 spent 8 years camping in a 14 ft travel trailer. Owned the X213 for a year and still empty drawers and rarely use the space under the dinette seats.

This may change over time but I hope not.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #29

I have found the X213's kitchen area to be pretty healthy w/ regards to cabinets/drawers and storage.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #30

It took us two seasons to realize that there is also a storage compartment under the couch of our 213.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
It took us two seasons to realize that there is also a storage compartment under the couch of our 213.
Good to know !!!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #32

We're not ready to buy yet either. We are hoping to get one more year out of our current Jayco. Keep us posted too on what you decide.
JessiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiL View Post
We're not ready to buy yet either. We are hoping to get one more year out of our current Jayco. Keep us posted too on what you decide.
x2
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Lol....yeah I found that out too.....storage was not an issue....there is a closet that is really deep....anything we don‘t need goes in the TV...l
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #35

We have 5 of us in our trailer and we find the storage is adequate. My wife and I use the overhead cubbies in the slideout for anything that can be folded (underwear, shorts, socks, etc). We also have 2 under bed bins that my wife bought. They are about 40" long, 20" wide and 8" high. They slide under the bottom bunk when it is folded down. We put the kids clothes in those since they are little. When we travel, we either throw those bins on the top bunk or slide them under the dinette before we slide in the slideout.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
We have 5 of us in our trailer and we find the storage is adequate. My wife and I use the overhead cubbies in the slideout for anything that can be folded (underwear, shorts, socks, etc). We also have 2 under bed bins that my wife bought. They are about 40" long, 20" wide and 8" high. They slide under the bottom bunk when it is folded down. We put the kids clothes in those since they are little. When we travel, we either throw those bins on the top bunk or slide them under the dinette before we slide in the slideout.
That's a good idea, though I was planning to accomplish the same thing w/ a pair of LL Bean duffle bags.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #37

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm thinking storage in both models would be fine for us.

I have a question about the outside grill. Most of the X213 I see for sale say they come with an outside grill. I was wondering where it hooks up on the outside of the TT? And do you all use it? It might seem silly but I worry about damaging the trailer with the grill that close. In the past with our Pop up we have always used our Coleman Roadtrip grill and love it.

Does anyone with the 228 have the optional grill? Again where does it hook and do you use it?

I know I'm being a pain with all these questions. Sorry!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #38

Mine came with the grill that mounts to the outsite. I worried about it too but the bracket holds it quite away from the body of the trailer. Far enough the trailer side doesn't get warm.
The grill comes with an adapter / requlator so you can use 1 lb bottles and there is a quick release propane line at the bottom of the trailer so you can use the main tanks. Strangely it did not with a low pressure hose and I haven't got around to buying one yet.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #39

Ours came with a nice looking stainless "grill" that attached to the side of the trailer and hooked into the fitting by the dinette window. It was totally useless, it wouldn't put out enough heat to grill anything. Pitched it and bought a Weber Q 120.
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #40

For the 228 there is an optional grill that hangs off a bracket that is attached to the rear of the trailer and plugs into the quick connector located under the rear bumper allowing it to run off the propane tank/tanks already on the trailer. I did not buy the grill so I could not comment on it. I do know you have to ensure the grill is away from the exterior wall and not under the awning otherwise the heat could damage them. Since there is five of us we decided to go with a three burner Camp Chef stove with the grill. The grill covers two burners and we have a third burner open to use with a pot or pan if we need it. Ryan
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote