Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #1

Our X213

Well, we have had our X213 for 4 1/2 years and I have to say it has been mostly trouble free. Just finished another successful 4 day camping trip. This time with two grand daughters in tow. Our toilet was used normally for # 1 but now it has been christened with #2s....ugh..lol. Now to unpack it and clean it out....hoping to get one more trip this year before I winterize it.
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #2

So great to hear it has been mostly trouble free. What did you have trouble with? Anything I should look for?
Equal i zer 10k w/sway control
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
EV4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:51 PM   #3

Only issue we had with ours in the last 5 years was the fake eternabond tape on the slide peeling off.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
So great to hear it has been mostly trouble free. What did you have trouble with? Anything I should look for?
During the first Year and a half, power tongue jack failed during a camping trip resulting in having to use my socket set to operate it manually. It was replaced under warranty with a heavy duty Atwood 3500. Dealer deemed the original was too light for the job and the motor burned out. There was also a upper trim above the bed that needed to be reglued. I am happy to say it has been flawless otherwise.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:51 AM   #5

The shelf in the cabinet under the sink collapsed on ours. I screwed a support rail along the back and added a vertical support leg. I also used 'L' brackets on the sides. We store our toaster and pots/pans there.

BTW... I highly recommend removing the decorative valance on the front of the sofa. It greatly improves storage. We are able to slide storage bins in and out easily. Put felt pads on them too.
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeum View Post
The shelf in the cabinet under the sink collapsed on ours. I screwed a support rail along the back and added a vertical support leg. I also used 'L' brackets on the sides. We store our toaster and pots/pans there.

BTW... I highly recommend removing the decorative valance on the front of the sofa. It greatly improves storage. We are able to slide storage bins in and out easily. Put felt pads on them too.
We already use that space under the couch. I left the kick plate in place. All I did was lift the bottom of the couch up about 6" and then was able to flip the kick plate up to slide our small luggage bags under.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:19 AM   #7

Thats good to hear on the 213. Its on our list of potentials.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #8

Also... aside from the somewhat thin, bouncy (ultralight) floor sheeting, I'm now finding the butt joints. When you step in just the right spot, which is often (high traffic area), you can see the linoleum separating from the plywood. Either we redo the flooring with a thin laminate, or, we brace the joints from underneath the coach.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #9

We've only had a couple issues with our 2010 model.

The fiberglass delaminated by the outdoor receptacle, we've sealed it, but the small area of delamination is impossible to fix.

My wife dropped a bottle of nail polish out of the medicine cabinet and it broken open and left a pink streak on the bathroom wall. We added self adhesive stick tiles to the bathroom wall from Home Depot.

The floor at the entry door, up to the bathroom door became "soft" due to the high foot traffic in that area, and the floor had a butt joint there. I re-supported the floor from underneath and it is now SOLID!

Old 10-04-2016, 06:21 AM   #10

Nice work Quantum... I'd like to know more about the supports you added underneath. Where are the braces and how many? Thanks!
Old 10-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #11

I used 2x4 lumber as cross braces and I only used 2 over the length of 44". The key to the this repair was using a very healthy amount of PL construction adhesive. I find this adhesive really made everything solid.

In the next day or two, I will try and grab a couple more pictures for you.