Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #11
Originally Posted by roadrash3 View Post
Well, i got the trailer back from the dealer. They said that the Ptrap under the sink was not secure to anything and had come loose. The water i saw they believed was coming from the sink (It is all open under there)and not the tub. They even watched as i filled the tub up and drained it before i left and sure enough no leaks. They did a good job and used a mounting bracket and resecured the Ptrap from the sink to the trailer wall. No big deal like they said. However, i got home and there is a two 3" cracks in the fiberglass on the front of my trailer. Wondering if somthing hit it on the way home. Oh well things happen.
What? Cracks in the fiberglass? If your paranoid about water leaks....you better get those cracks fixed ASAP. Any water gets into the fiberglass, you'll have delamination issues in no time.

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
To me they look like cracks, to my wife she says they look like cuts, they are about 3-4 inches in length two of them. They do not appear to be deep, but they are on the very front of the trailer next to the decals. The water issue was in the bathroom nowhere near the area. I do not think they are deep enough to get water in them. I will have to keep an eye on it and get it taken care of though for sure

roadrash3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
Not sure wether you left the camper with them to work on but i have seen dealers move campers around with a forklift from the front . Not accusing just stateing fact just my two
2000 FORD F-150 V-6/4.2
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #14
Yes, they move their campers with a fork lift that has a ball on the front. This is way to high though for them to have done that. Plus my trailer sloops to the top, its not somthing even a car would hit, it looks almost like a box cutter mark would make, but could be somthing hitting it on the road. It makes me nervous cause that is the side that sits and has the sun hit on the front of it the most. But don't think a few months of the sun would cause that. I will have to post some pictures.

roadrash3 is offline   Reply With Quote