Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #31
took a break from the floor today. went on roof to seal around fixtures for the winter...just found about a 2 by 2 soft spot on roof from the ac forward. really don't know how I missed this !!

rewcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #32
same problem, question

Hi just bought the same trailer and have the same problem. Question, are the sidewalls just attached with screws through the frame from the bottom? Thanks

jhiland55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #33
hi, the screws along the edge moulding under the screw cover go into the floor plywood edges. screws underneath go through frame and up into sidewall bottom, they're covered with caulking. some were actually under the lip of the side moulding. don't forget the black sheeting from underneath comes up and around the plywood edge, and is stapled along with the vinyl flooring. this is all under the bottom of the sidewall. I had to jack up the whole sidewall in places after the bottom screws were removed,in order to get the wood out. please feel free to ask ...AND if you find out where the leaks REALLY come from please let me know. I still have wet stains seeping in under the sidewalls on 3 corners front and back. everything has been re puttytaped, caulked, and covered....maybe the factory knows. it doesn't come from above as the walls are laminated, and I have the roof covered. I replaced the entire floor,put down new one piece floor, and cut the vinyl back a few inches to watch it. the plywood I chose was 5/8 PTS. the leaks are small but still there and I'm now re assembling the whole interior...frustrating. please keep in touch I need to vent...haha, BOB
Old 01-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #34
Lost in the Woods
Water damage is considered by many the worst problem you can have. When you get done, be sure to have a pressure/bubble test done to confirm you have no leaks. You may have other surprise leaks to deal with as well.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #35
rewcamper, why not set up a box fan in the door and seal around it so you can pressurize the inside of your trailer. Then spray some soapy water around suspect areas, or the whole thing.

Good luck!
2015 Jayflight SLX 287BHSW
2002 F-250 Extended Cab 4x4 6.8
Teconsha Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #36
Just discovered water/floor issue on our 2010 Sport165. It is coming in all across the front end of trailer... there is no seal to the forward section of TT. Wood is exposed. It is easy to see if you look carefully. Also the wood flooring does not stand up to dampness. It is not marine plywood.

I have replaced the entire section of flooring in the forward area (3 feet). Used marine plywood.

I bought this rig new and live in Arizona.
Richard & Marilyn
2010 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 liter
2010 Jay Feather Sport 165
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 PM   #37
thanks to all who are responding to this. I have replaced every area that it could be, new putty tape all around, screws, screw covers, re sealed all corner mouldings etc. my thought is somehow it's getting in through the outside screws that screw into the plywood floor edges, or screws that hold the vertical mouldings in place. then it's weeping in onto the floor. I've been a carpenter for 50 years now, and have had my share of water problems. it's travelling, not flowing or dripping in, that's why pressurizing I don't think will work. the whole floor except for about 8 square feet was gone. I used 5/8 PTS plywood. same glue and 1/4 the cost of marine. I was always told that the main difference in plywood is the voids that are allowed. plus a good lumberyard that you can trust is good..not box store stuff