Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #1

Sewer hose

another newb question. How many of you keep sewer hose in bumper? If so, isn't it a pain to attach the ends every time you hook it up? I have the Rhino Flex.
DCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #2

I also have the Rhino hose and store it in the bumper. It fits inside the bumper with the ends on. I put a piece of wire with a loop on it around the ends so it's easier to pull it out of the bumper.
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Site Team

We keep a 10' on one side, and a 20' on the other side of the bumper, but we have the brown cheapy hoses. Can't get used to $40 or $50 expense for the 4 or 5 times we use them a year. Just our .02.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCook View Post
another newb question. How many of you keep sewer hose in bumper? If so, isn't it a pain to attach the ends every time you hook it up? I have the Rhino Flex.
I have the RhinoFlex. I doesn't fit in the bumper with the 'attachments' I have on each end. I store the hose, with the attachments attached, in a heavy duty, clear plastic 'bag' in a storage compartment just above my sewer connection. Works so far and I have a minimum of handling when I do dump.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #5

I use a plastic storage container for my hose and fittings. Easy to get to the hose, easy to put it back, and the bin is simple to rinse out.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #6

Perhaps my bumper is larger than 4x4 inches, for my rhino fittings fit into it. All I do is align the four knobs on the fitting to match into the four corners of bumper. It seems to be just wide enough at the corners!
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhillbilly View Post
Perhaps my bumper is larger than 4x4 inches, for my rhino fittings fit into it. All I do is align the four knobs on the fitting to match into the four corners of bumper. It seems to be just wide enough at the corners!
Mine might fit in the bumper without the 45* clear elbow on one end and a 90* on the outlet end. I leave those attached because I like to minimize handling the sewer stuff before and after dumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
I use a plastic storage container for my hose and fittings. Easy to get to the hose, easy to put it back, and the bin is simple to rinse out.
Someday I hope to do the same... when I find a container that fits the storage area just above the sewer outlet of my trailer ('15 27RLS). Until then, I can (carefully! ) stuff the bag with the sewer stuff into the space available.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #8

Here's how I store mine. I did replace the wood end cap with a plastic one recently.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...age-22181.html
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #9

I also store mine in a container in the storage compartment above the sewer connection. I have lost a bumper cap on my bumper with the hose right at the edge when we arrived at the campground, we would have lost it a few more miles down the road. I find the bumper caps don't stay in and you risk loosing the hose. I just keep it in the compartment. MadDad's storage container is cool, I may attempt that.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #10

Went out today and worked my Rhino flex into the bumper. Just line it up and it slides right in.......minus the elbow. I'll just pop that in a small tote with a box of gloves. I like the wire/rope idea.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Mine might fit in the bumper without the 45* clear elbow on one end and a 90* on the outlet end. I leave those attached because I like to minimize handling the sewer stuff before and after dumping.

Someday I hope to do the same... when I find a container that fits the storage area just above the sewer outlet of my trailer ('15 27RLS). Until then, I can (carefully! ) stuff the bag with the sewer stuff into the space available.
The orange bucket works well, my Rino fits with attachments intact.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglechief_13 View Post
I also store mine in a container in the storage compartment above the sewer connection. I have lost a bumper cap on my bumper with the hose right at the edge when we arrived at the campground, we would have lost it a few more miles down the road. I find the bumper caps don't stay in and you risk loosing the hose. I just keep it in the compartment. MadDad's storage container is cool, I may attempt that.
Easy fix to prevent loosing the bumper caps; head over to a hardware store and buy 14 inches of small "chain". Cut it into 2 equal pieces of 7 inches. Drill a small hole at each end of the bumper, and attach one end of the chain to the bumper with a nut and bolt. Attach the other end of the chain to the bumper caps by doing the same (drill hole and attach with nut and bolt). If the caps come off the ends, they won't be lost; just dangling down!

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote