Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2016, 08:05 AM   #1

Stacker, Scissor Jacks and Universal RV Stabilizer

Received my latest Camping World catalog and saw the jacks for added stability. I have a White Hawk with an enclosed underbelly. Do theses "additional" jacks work on these TT's and actually reduce movement?!? I have the power stabilizing supports on the front and back. Thanks in advance for the advice
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:26 AM   #2

I added two scissor jacks under the frame just forward of the wheels and it helps a lot. I had to go with the more expensive 30" jacks so they would reach the ground without being fully extended. I bolted them to the frame with a slight modification to one of them so it wouldn't interfere with the gas line. For me, it was a worthwhile addition.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #3

No sure which jacks for added stability stability you are referring to. I use the universal rv stabilizer that is offered through CW.

I use 2 of these in addition to the stock jacks that came on the camper. These 2 stabilizers make a significant difference. We have 3 kids, so every movement is felt, but these stabilizers help, in my opinion.

The best success I've had with them is using both jacks behind the camper tires along the frame.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #4

My x-chocks reduced trailer movement for me.. The lock the tires and prevent any minimal "rolling" or "rocking" in the front to back direction..
Skaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboy View Post
No sure which jacks for added stability stability you are referring to. I use the universal rv stabilizer that is offered through CW.

I use 2 of these in addition to the stock jacks that came on the camper. These 2 stabilizers make a significant difference. We have 3 kids, so every movement is felt, but these stabilizers help, in my opinion.

The best success I've had with them is using both jacks behind the camper tires along the frame.
I'm not sure I understand... " behind the camper tires along the frame." Do you place them front to rear, one on the left side frame and one on the right side frame of the trailer (to reduce front to rear movement), or both of them (one behind the other) from the frame on one side of the trailer across to the other side of the trailer (to reduce side to side movement)?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #6

I have the XL X-Chock. It helps the rocking motion. Since you have air filled tires, I was wanting to know if the added jacks keep the TT from bouncing when someone turns over in their bed.
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote