Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #1

Swift Danby air Conditioning Condesation Fixed

So I got tired of the Danby AC water condensation dripping down the side of my 184BH so I got to thinking.

Should I install a drip edge? There must be an easier way.

So here it is. I always carry Kite string with me. I use it to hang towels up to dry, or other random items/things. You never know when you might need some heavy string. I took some of the string and routed it through the bottom of the holes in the AC and then I attached the bottom of the string to a small tent stake in the ground running it about a foot from the RV. The string works like a wick in an oil lamp and it channeled all the condensation nicely away from the AC. No more water running down the side of my RV. Well, it was almost perfect... the kite string doesn't hold nor channel the volume of water, but it does work. I will be hunting for some different kind of string that will saturate and channel to a higher volume, but it is a start.

I would say with the kits string, 80% of the water was routed away.

Hope this helps.

X
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #2

Hmmmm. Works kind of like a rain chain that people hang on their residential gutters instead of downspouts. A feller could find some small link chain and hang it from the gutter extensions or perhaps a piece of wire that the water would run down.