Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #1

Tent in Hybrid Came Off Track

My question is has anyone ever heard of the tent ends coming off the plastic track? We have been camping in our new, 2011, Jayco 17C for the past month and a half, on and off. We love it but on one of the camping trips my husband went to close one of the tent beds before we left for home and it came off the plastic track. When he called the dealer two weeks ago, they said they never heard of such a thing and will have to see it before they can say if it is covered under warranty. They could only give us an appointment the day before Thanksgiving which was not good for us so they gave us December 1. Hopefully it won't snow especially since the dealer is more than two hours away. The tent is only held to the plastic track with some small screws without any washers One of the screws does not appear to have been all the way in and the others seem too far in. We have never used the other tent in the front since we did not need it. Camping season is is over here but maybe we better use it in our driveway to make sure the same thing does not happen with the other tent.
Sabina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you could send a few photos of the problem.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #3

Could you give us an update on this after the dealer looks at it. My 17Z rear pop out came off track also. The track is held by a screw and they missed the mark when they put it in.

The front pop out has a metal lock strip over the plastic track which is better. My dealer says Jayco does not put the metal strip over the track on the rear pop out. I can't figure out why they don't. It is a better way to secure the track.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #4

Years ago (early 90's) we had a Rockwood Tent Trailer where the tent end slid off the tracks. It was my son's job to slide out the "tents". He caught 'it' when it failed. Been a while, but I think the little guy along with Dad figured out what had to be tightened up and fixed it themselves. So many months/years since then and none of them remember what they did! We were lucky other than that we didn't have warranty issues.

What really sucks with your issue is that often when you purchase an rv with a particular dealer, and you have an issue, they usually make you a priority. Perhaps you can ask them about this (maybe you won't buy from them again?). Sabina, Good luck and hope all goes well
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote