Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #1

To All 19H Owners

Hi everyone; new to the forum - purchased 19H late last season and haven't picked it up yet at the dealer. Are there any tips or thoughts on the 19H you could share before we do our first trip ? I'm towing with a 4.6 Eddie Bauer Explorer, sway bar and level bar equiped. We have enjoyed the trailer experience for 10yrs plus now and just upgraded from a smaller hybrid. Any comments would be great. Thanks so much. Love the forum so far.
Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #2

Hey Alex,

Congrats on the 19H! We bought our 2011 19H last May and have 7 great trips under our belt. As far as suggestions, we do a fair amount of drycamping here in CO and added a 2nd battery. Here's the mod I posted: http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=3300
If you need additonal info on the mod, let me know!

We tow with a 4.0 V6 4Runner, Blue Ox WDH, Primos IQ brake controller and have no problems going over 12K ft passes, so with your 4.6 Explorer and setup, you should have plenty of power and control.

Given the lack of kitchen countertop space, I bought a 22" wood cutting board from Walmart, added some wood blocks on the bottom that snuggly fit between the stove grate. Sorry, I don't have pics to show, but here's the exact board: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Paula-Deen...cacia/11015409

Have fun this summer and let me know if you have any other questions!
Blue Ox Sway Pro
Primus IQ
rhand63 is offline   Reply With Quote