Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Today's Lessons, Tongue Jack, Water Heater and USB Ports

As we are taking a long voyage with the 2015 White Hawk in a few weeks, I decided to quit procrastinating and get the rig road worthy.

First off, after reading many threads and posts regarding quality issues and problems, I am pleased to say that I am still happy with our Jayco.

As mentioned in the title, I did learn a few things today and am still pondering others. I mentioned last winter that my tongue jack LED lights came on by themselves. When I hit the switch, they go brighter. some here suggested disassembling the TJ, and I did today. The LEDs did not work before disassembly and after looking inside, I do not see what the problem could be. On the positive side, the jack works and that is the more important to me.

After hooking up the water hose and turning on the water, I am very happy that the only water I saw running was inside the trailer at the foucets and none running out of places it shouldn't. Being a direct descendant of the "Murphy's Law" Murphy, I tend to expect the worst but am always pleasantly surprised when things work correctly.

I tested the water heater on 120 volts and it worked as it should. However, when I disconnected the 120 from the house 20 amp outlet, I notice the extension cord was a bit warm. So, use a heavy duty cord and not the crappy 16 gauge to test the 120 systems. (Don't worry, I know I need a 30 amp connection to use the AC).

In another recent thread, someone was wondering if the USB ports were 12DC volt or 120 VAC. I cannot speak for all but the USB ports on the 20MRB nightstands are 12VDC and have a green LED light so you know they are on..

I probably should have posted this under "What did you do to your Jayco Today" but maybe a few more will see it here before it drops off the radar.

Tomorrow, I will crawl under the rig for a tire inspection and maybe replace the darn 30 amp inline fuse with the 30 amp reset circuit breaker!

Hope all of you that don't post are having a positive experience with your Jayco RVS!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote