Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #1

Water Damage in Featherlite Exp 213

I have a 2009 featherlite EXP 213 with a rear queen bed slide. Went in this weekend to summerize the trailer and noticed some discoloring in the linoleum floor at the back of the trailer. Upon further investigation, noticed that the rubber membrane under the back of the trailer was pooling water. I cut it open a bit and water poured out. No signs of water damage inside the trailer, and no wood swelling on any of the benches, couch or any interior finishes. The floor is very soft at the back of the trailer and underneath as well.

Has anyone had similar issues with their ultralites and have an idea of where to start looking for where water might be coming in? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Floors are sandwich construction(luan, foam, luan). Also, has anyone ever replaced flooring in these trailers. Just looking to see how big of a job im getting into here.

Thanks everyone
Marcbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #2

I just went into my 2009 last weekend and the exact same issues, no leaks on walls, ceiling or windows. Water is only under vinyl flooring but its all stained where water is absorbed.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #3

Good luck

I have the exact trailer with the exact problem - my water came in from the rear corner under the plastic taillight cover - the dummies at Jayco used roofing tape to seal the corner ????? Of course it is going to give way eventually!!!! If your floor is spongy it is wet and will never dry - I ripped it up and glued new quarter inch plywood on the styrofoam - it was just saturated- you can count on that the water spot on your linoleum shows only a fraction of the real damage - I ended up ripping out a 6 x5 foot area and then replaced the whole linoleum floor - I have some soft spot under the trailer 2x3 - I left it after drying it out with a dehumidifier for 4 days - is as good as it's going to get - I originally brought it to the dealer for a repair assessment- the told me to just leave it and live with it - ha right - what a joke - good luck !!
Markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
I have the exact trailer with the exact problem - my water came in from the rear corner under the plastic taillight cover - the dummies at Jayco used roofing tape to seal the corner ????? Of course it is going to give way eventually!!!! If your floor is spongy it is wet and will never dry - I ripped it up and glued new quarter inch plywood on the styrofoam - it was just saturated- you can count on that the water spot on your linoleum shows only a fraction of the real damage - I ended up ripping out a 6 x5 foot area and then replaced the whole linoleum floor - I have some soft spot under the trailer 2x3 - I left it after drying it out with a dehumidifier for 4 days - is as good as it's going to get - I originally brought it to the dealer for a repair assessment- the told me to just leave it and live with it - ha right - what a joke - good luck !!
Where exactly is this roofing tape used by Jayco? Is it behind the taillight or up under where the floor, wall and frame meet?
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
Hi,
I have water damage in my Jayco 23xb hybrid. I'm in the process of pulling up the top layer of luan to replace it. However the Styrofoam is difficult to separate from the top layer of luan. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
joferh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #6

Anxious to hear on this as I have the same model, a 2009 23B and the floor at the back is bad. The dealer also told me to live with it. Had seen someone posted they just went over the top using laminate but that would add 250# to the trailer. I don't have that much capacity to spare.
First Time Owner is offline   Reply With Quote