Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
Originally Posted by AndyGee View Post
^^ I'd agree with Bob on this my WDH bars hang lower than the jack post sticks out of the bottom. NAPA sells driveway "ramps" they're made from recycled rubber and work well. That being said I would get a WDH anyway. I haven't used a WDH until this week and got one whith our new 29l and in the last 4 days have pullled about 2000 miles and will never go with out one again it makes the towing so much nicer smoothing out all but the most severe bumps.

The WD hitch may not solve your scraping problem, as noted above, but it will make the ride more even. It also evens out the wear and tear on your trailer tires. If the TT is hitch-down while towing it puts more pressure on the front TT tires, thus wearing them out faster than the rear. The WD hitch will level that out for you, in addition to the other benefits.

2007 26 JTX
2008 Toyota Sequoia

Just waiting for my next trip in it.
BRDof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #12
I have to agree with what's been stated above. I have a 2010 Frontier and a 2012 17Z, and everytime I pull in or out of the driveway the L-brackets that support the wd bars get pushed back on the frame and my bars hit the road. Without the bars though, my jack scrapes and, if I kept going, my hitch would dig in. That said, the difference in handling with and w/out the bars if Amazing wouldn't go around the block w/out them. I'm considering air bags and would love to hear more on their effectiveness.

Northside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
Hi CampRock, read your post. I have just purchased a 2012 154BH, take delivery in April and am considering WDH. We also have a 2010 Tacoma as a TV which leads to a couple of questions. 1. How was the Tacoma for towing the 154bh?
2. How is towing with just the sway bar and did you purchase a WDH? Thanks.

TT: 2012 Swift SLX 154BH
TV: 2011 Ford Explorer FX4

TommyOC is offline   Reply With Quote