Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #11
Non-Petroleum Based Soap/Detergent

Apparently, Dawn and Turtle Wax Zip Wax car wash do have petroleum derivatives in their ingredients. A quick search produced several sites listing detergent ingredients. Apparently, Murphy Oil Soap does not contain petroleum. I guess I'll try the Murph. What do you clean your roof with.

FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #12
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Yeah there is a lot of hype about the TPO or EPDM roofs. You think owners of big commercial buildings with EPDM roofs do clean their roof? Don't think so......
I use some dishwash soap in a pale and clean my RV TPO roof once a year and also check for cracks in the Dicor seals.

2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-6500 lbs.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #13
The rain cleans my roof, I just maintain the caulk. 5 years now and looking good.
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2012 Ford F-250 Crew Cab FX4, 6.7l PSD
3.55 E-locker, Timbrens
TCNASHVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:03 AM   #14
I recommend that all with rubber roofs check the area where the a/c's drip onto the rubber not just the caulked joints. My EPDM roof failed directly where this drip was on both a/c's. Moisture was leaking through the membrane. If you are not a full timer then you might be ok, but in my case I had 5+ years of full time use and in the south so LOTS of a/c run time.

My solution was replacing the entire roof and I definitely didn't want to spend the bucks for the same thing and expect different results the second time. I used rvroof.com and recommend this approach highly. It was about the same price as a new rubber roof and zero caulking to watch and worry about now. And since the roof is now thicker I can watch TV and actually hear it when it is raining. I also used the roof replacement as a good time to replace the skylight and crank up TV antenna that I never used. This antenna had leaked through it a time of two and I was just plain tired of this.
Attached Thumbnails

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote