Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2015, 04:53 AM   #21

Since your only going 20 minutes and won't have water hookup, I'd fill up at home... Only cause it's one less thing to do once u arrive.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #22

Try everything out. Turn every knob and all the gas appliances. Hot water heater takes a while to light the pilot. As gas has to fill the lines. As another poster said if would be a good idea to flush all water lines. I use the tub as storage. My portable water container and broom fit nicely in it. I also have a table top grill that fits perfectly on the floor in front of the toilet. Learn to like each other. Two is tight, three is not fun for long. Especially if it rains and you're trapped inside. I load the storage compt under the couch backwards. Things I rarely use are put in first. Then my extra power cable. Then I put in my coaxial cable for the tv followed by my water hose and filter. Get a filter. I learned can't trust campground water. Last thing I stow and first to come out is a. Cordless impact driver with an 18" extension and socket. This is to set the Jack stands. A while lot easier and less time than the hand crank. As far as storage inside get creative. It has a lot for it's size but it's still only 18 foot long tongue to bumper. Do not out anything with any weight on the rear bumper. It can't handle more than 100# and that includes the spare tire. I did install a holder for the sewer hose in it. Get or make some leveling blocks for your tires. A whole lot easier to level with those than using the jacks. I almost always put at least one under one of the tires. When towing be aware of the low clearance and the triangle guards on the rear sides. Only time I had a problem was going off-road to a remote lake with a dirt road in need of maintenance. This is a greater camper or one for a couple that wants to get away. Fits in small spaces and tows great. I would suggest some kind of sway bar. With my escape is mandatory. Even my suburban it helps. Biggest issue is getting sucked into semis and other large RVs that come up from behind and pass me. Your Ram will have no problem. My Escape struggles with the high frontage and wind resistance. 62mph is all it will do. With the Suburban...we'll she'll walk the dog with it. 70mph no problem. On that, what kind of tires do you have? ST rated is limited to 65 not matter what psi, brand, size, or tow vehicle. Get a foam pad for the bed, a good one depending on how hard you like your mattress. Factory pad is pretty much non existent with my butt hit it. Got one of those memory foam ones from Kohls on sale for 25 bucks. Just what the doctor ordered!.

Above all HAVE FUN! If it's work you're doing something wrong and find an easier way. Complete setup for me takes about 10 minutes. I've had mine a year and have used it about 5 Times. Last was for 8 nights the week after Easter. 8 was about 4 too many. We are dipping our toes in the market and looking for something a little bigger. But for a 3 day weekend getaway the 165 is perfect.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #23

Got a good tip the other day at a CG. You may want to have water in your fresh water tank just in case the CG's water pump fails. Yikes, if you are relying on the
CG's water supply---no water!
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote