Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #1

White Hawk and CPAP 12v plugs?

My wife and I just became proud owners of a 2013 White Hawk dsrl 27ft. We both use CPAP machines and I want to put two 12v sockets in the bed room. One machine uses 6.67 amps and the other 5.0 amps. Thought I would tap in at the light in the storage compartment up front. How ever I'm concerned that the two running together off that circuit might be to much for the fuse. If it is to much of a load where else in the trailer could I find a second circuit to tap into. Is the hitch light on the same circuit? Any help would be appriciated..
Maax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #2

Ouchies....

11.67 amps for 8-10 hours leaves a pretty low battery in the morning.

You'll need 2 separate 10A circuits from the converter to run your breathing machines.

You might want to consider a small inverter genset instead of abusing the battery every night. (That's what the folks two properties away did.)

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #3

Thanks for your quick reply, I have two generators coming. but was concerned that I could not run one of them all night if I was in a camp ground. I have two group 27 batteries and will probably have to run two separate fused lines to the batteries them selves for emergency power I guess.. at least I will be able to recharge them...Trying to keep the weight down in the tv.
Maax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #4

DH uses a CPAP. He uses a dedicated battery for the machine. He places it in the front storage cabinet on his side of the bed and runs the socket from the battery up under the bed to the edge of the night stand and plugs the unit in with the dc adapter. We then charge the battery the next morning with the generator. We have done this for the past 5 yrs. works great.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #5

I just came back from a week of camping, I have a S9 Elite and my wife has a Philips Respironic. the day we were leaving to go to the campground, my portable battery pack gave up the ghost. Day one of restful sleeping needless to say went out the window. I realized that I had a 300 watt invertor in my truck and went out and bought a Group 31 AGM deep cycle battery with a rating of 105 amp hours. It worked perfectly. The invertor would not run with the cigarette lighter attachment but when connected directly to the battery it ran great. Now I did not use the humidifier on either of the cpaps since this is where they draw the most power. I determined that with both cpaps running, it was drawing less than 300 watts and I could have easily ran them on the group 31 battery for 3 nights but I decided to recharge it every couple days during the campground's permitted 2 hour generator run times in the morning and afternoon and charge my TT's battery at the same time.This was the first time I have run my Champion 3100 invertor generator as the primary source for recharging and power requirements for the TT. I usually use my Champion 2000 invertor generator.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:51 AM   #6

I have relatives who both use these machines. They say they look like pilots lying
in bed with the cpap apparatus on. I think if your dry camping a generator would be must have item. That is unless your Handy Bob.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote